Voyager-Transatlantic 4-19-09

AnnieMarilyn

Steve and Colin: I maybe on the Voyager for this cruise, but not sure yet. I will not know most likely until some time in Nov. I hope to keep in touch and let you know.

I live in Clear Lake TX just outside of Houston on the way to Galveston, so if you need any help or information feel free to ask.

Dale

• 2 weeks later...

:D Steve: My partner will not be going with me he has to work, but my friend Dwight will be traveling with me. I live just a few miles from Galveston, so let me know if I can help in anyway. Have you been to Houston or Galveston before?

Dale

• 3 weeks later...

Dale, Sorry for the slow reply. W are restoreing the exterior of our 90 year old wood home. All spring, summer, and now fall, but almost done and ready to move on to a ship!

Yes, we have been to Galveston a couple times for cruises and have a very good friend that lives in Houston that we will spend the weekend with.

Looking forward to meeting you. Will you be traveling alone?

Steve

I am also sorry I have not got back to you sooner but a little thing called Ike has been causing some problems here at home. We came through it with very little damage "thank God" just about normal now, and I sure am looking forward to the next cruise. Which will be in Nov from Barcelona to Galveston (most likely to Houston port not Galveston) then in Jan from Fl all the way around south america to Calif a 46 day cruise. Then in April the 5th and the 19th, just can't wait to get it all started.

Most of the time I travel with a friend (Dwight) my partner can't normally make all the cruises he has a job and has to work. He will be with me on the April 5th cruise but not on the others. If you get in early enough to Houston we will have to all get together before we sail.

Dale

Dale, Glad to hear you guys are O.K. I just heard from my friends in Houston they are O.K. also. Earthquakes here (Seattle) do not seem a scary as all that water, although I grew up on the coast of South Carolina so I know.

I am envious of all your cruising coming up! I could live on a ship I think. But not time yet

Steve

Steve: I don't know I grew up in southern Calif and had lots of earthquakes they can be very scary its just that storms like Ike just last longer, but I have seen just as much damage with a earthquakes.

Have you been in Barcelona before? Its a great city and lots of fun. I am hoping to get in early and go on a tour with my friend Ken and Pene to Monastery of Montserrat. They have a web site for this cruise where you can see pic of some of the people who will be on this cruise with us. You can see pic of Dwight and myself on this site. kenandpene.com. You can also add your pic to the web site.

Looking to meeting you.

Dale

Dale, Barcelona is great fun! I love the evenings strolling and late dinner. Dinning options do not even open until 9 or later so dinner is 10-12 p.m. and gay bars open at 1-2 so I have missed that.

The lines for the Gaudi stuff are always long so plan.

Once we spent the day on one of the double decker tour buses just getting on and off Nice day.

Another time I went down the coast to Sitegz? gay beach town for a few days.

Friends have stayed at a gay hotel or B&B on the gay beach and had good things to say, but I do not know the name and it is not in the city center.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Steve: Your right I have always loved Barcelona it great fun, I just hope my flight get in early enough to let me spend some time there. Did you look at KenandPene's web site? I hope you will add your pics to the site. Have you been to any of our other stops? If so what are your plans for each stop?

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived