Kayaking in Halifax

Need some help - we will be in Halifax, Nova Scotia on October 9th, and are looking to go kayaking. Does anyone know of a tour operator or company that does kayaking excursions? I really do not want to book with the cruiseline as we find that it tends to be too crowded and we get more bang for our buck if we use a private company not contracted with the cruiseline. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi there,

Bumping this thread up because I really need help trying to find a good and reputable company to do kayaking with in Halifax during our October 9th visit. We do not want to go with the cruiseline, usually it is too crowded and you are herded around - we have always had great luck in the Caribbean and elsewhere booking our own excursions.

Any information or suggestions would be helpful please.

Thanks!

Are you looking for freshwater or saltwater kayaking? In Halifax Harbour or are you willing to travel?

I know of Sea Sun Kayak, and East Coast Outfitters. Both of these are outside of Halifax.

Are you looking for freshwater or saltwater kayaking? In Halifax Harbour or are you willing to travel?

I know of Sea Sun Kayak, and East Coast Outfitters. Both of these are outside of Halifax.

Thanks for the info - I emailed both companies. I am sure they will answer soon. In regards to what kind of kayaking, we are open. We have a limited amount of time so we won't be able to go too far away, it appears that Sea Sun says they are only 20 minutes away from Halifax - that seems pretty doable.

Archived