Anyone played Prince Rupert golf course offered by RC?

Sorry I am not a Golfer however used to live in Prince Rupert and still have many friends there. Apparently it is a good course. Although if the bears and or wolves decide to use one of the holes as a sun bathing spot (I think it was #13 that was their favorite) than I understand you get to skip that hole without penalty....Would also make a great photo op and wonderful story for once you are home....Used to be quite common don't know if it still is....

Well.....It's really a crap shoot along the coast anywhere and Rupert is one of the rainiest places in BC (where people live lol) It's only a stones throw Ok ok a bit of a stretch from Ketchikan. So the answer is tough to say. September though can give up some really really nice days up there so cross your fingers :)

Has anyone played this course...it looks great and a 113 with clubs is about the least expensive golf excursion I have seen around

I am an avid golfer but Prince Rupert is hardly a golf mecca. If you want to give it a try by all means do so but you are likely going to find that with all the rains that the fairway are going to be very soft and balls will plug even in September. If it were me I would be inclined to save my money and play Torrey Pines when I got home.

• 1 month later...

Lived in Rupert for 7 years, and golf there frequently. Cost is no where near the price that the cruise lines charges. As you could arrive on a very rainy day, you could get stuck with golfing in a rainstorm.

I would suggest booking directly with the course, that way you can cancel with no penalty due to inclement weather (Rupert is the rainiest City in Canada). Tee times, if you arrive Mon-Fri, should not be an issue. It's only a 5 minute cab ride from the cruise port (or two long par 5s).

Archived