What are you eating?

Odoyal Rulez

Barbie, I am going to look for chia seeds, they sound like a good addition for salads. I like putting melon in mine, I love that sweet taste with balsamic vinegar.kelly

Kelly, I looked several places (grocery store, Walmart) for chia seeds and couldn't find them. I think GNC might have some, but I think it's cheaper to get them online. I ordered from nutsonline.com. I ordered two pounds (they come in one pound pouches) and with shipping added in I paid about $22. The seeds themselves were $13-$14 and the shipping was $8+. It cost more to ship it than it did for one pound of the stuff. I add it to oatmeal or my cereal/yogurt combo that I sometimes have. I also sprinkle it in my salads. If I have a piece of whole wheat toast with a little peanut butter on it, I sprinkle some on that too.

Here's a little info on the chia seeds (salvia hispanica) that I gleaned from the internet:

It contains 19 amino acids and has more quality food value than any other known food, including:

* more iron than spinach

* more vitamin C than oranges

* better protein than beans, soy or peas

* more omega-3's than flax or salmon

* more calcium than milk

* more potassium than bananas

* more antioxidants than blueberries

And unlike flax seeds, you don't have to grind it before eating it. The body can digest it whole.

I've only been eating them since early August, and at the rate I'm going, I figure I probably will go through a pound bag a month. If you give them a try, Kelly, let me know what you think.

Barbie

A friend told me about vitacost.com she has used them for awhile now and is very satisfied with the products and service. I have not tried them yet. I did look up the chia seeds. $10.99/lb and $4.99 shipping for any size order. I am going to a large grocery store today or tomorrow. They carry alot so I am going to check there before I order. I have been wanting to order from them anyways for a calcium supplement.

kelly

yogurt, blueberries, fiber one

about 10 burger king french fries. DH was eating them. I ate 4 when they were hot. Ran into the store came out and tried to eat more. They were warm but not hot so they did not taste good. No sense in wasting calories on something I am not enjoying.

Panda brand black licorice. 100 calories of sugar but this was definately worth it! I love black licorice!

a large soy, hazelnut latte. I use to have one everyday, now they are a once in awhile thing.

A bowl of spicey Italian sausage & tortellini soup. (still eating leftovers)

2 kisses ( I love a bit of dark chocolate after something spicey)

I will probably have a glass of wine yet, it is getting nice outside, not so hot so that will hopefully be my only snack since I have had a few already today!

kelly

Hello to all.:)

Personally, I've been trying to eat more raw veggies and fruits. It's easy during the summer....

I am not on a diet...just trying to give my body what it needs, not what I want (sugar). Actually, when I am eating healthfully, I don't miss sugar so much.

I love Vitacost! I have ordered from them only once, so far, but would not hesitate ordering from them again. :)

I will start with last night. I opened the cupboard and found DD (she left for college) left a half of one of those snack bags of cheetos. They were so good!

Today:

1 egg, 1 slice flax & fiber toast, oj, 3 cups coffee

lunch could have been better. A grilled hot dog. Why I don't know but it was good.

snack was my other licorice from the other day. They were 2/$1.

Dinner was grilled chicken, Italian eggplant, onion, leek, yellow pepper, red pepper all over a bed of baby romaine. Shavings of parmigiano reggiano and a balsamic vinegrette. I made extra of the grilled chicken and vegetables and will put it into a sauce(tomatoes, tomatoe sauce, sauted garlic, red wine, rosemary, oregano) for Wednesday. Will serve it over fettucini.

Instead of wine I had a Corona

now will I snack later?

Left over spag w.w. pasta for lunch

Cup of watermellon

sirloin strips over brown basmati rice with mushroom demi

cup of green grapes.

Just got off the scale and i am thirlled to say after a 7 day cruise i didnt loss anything but i didn't gain anything yea me.

Leigh

Breakfast -- Reese's Puffs cereal with skim milk

Lunch -- fat free cherry yogurt mixed with a small amount of Raisin Nut Bran and a few raspberries

Dinner -- turkey burger

Leigh - Congrats on not gaining during your cruise! I'm pretty sure I've gained at least 5 pounds from every cruise I've been on!

snack last night. popcorn with 1/2 of a can of diet coke. 3 kisses

today. yogurt, fiber one, blueberries, coffee

the last of the tortellini soup and a few crackers

fettuccini with sauce (the one I was going to make on Wed. got moved to today) french bread, 1 & 1/2 glasses merlot.

3 kisses

and in case anyone wonders I don't just drink coffee & wine. Somedays it looks like that but I drink alot of water. Hydration is the key!

kelly

oj, 1 egg, toast, coffee

sm. portion fettucini with some sauce from yesterday

grilled jerk style pork tenderloin, wild rice blend, watermelon salsa, 2 corona,

4 kisses

1 fudgsicle

The pork was an experiment and turned out very good. Looking forward to a wrap with some of the leftovers.

kelly

No one else eating? I was the last to post yesterday.

Last night I had 1/2 can diet coke and some potatoe chips (I am blaming it on DH, he was the one that took them out,) It's ok, I only ate a few.

Today was:

1 egg, 1 slice flax & fiber bread toasted

baby romaine with watermelon & alittle bit of shredded pork tenderloin with balsamic vinegrette

4 kisses

4 slices very thin crust homemade pizza, (I make the crust with part white whole wheat and make my own sauce) It was so good! The kitchen still smells good. Had 2 Smithwick's with it.

Will probably have a few kisses for a snack later.

kelly

I have been reading but not posting much on this thread. I've just been too busy since I started back to work. But since this is Saturday, I'll try to get back with it...

Yesterday-

breakfast - Flax flakes cereal w/ non-fat yogurt, some craisins and almonds, and chia seeds (I mix this together...yum!); orange juice

mid-morning snack - banana

lunch - ordered out Bangkok Thai Salad from Camille's -- this salad has breast-meat chicken strips with water chestnuts, chinese noodles, almond slices and an oriental sesame dressing. Oh, and lettuce of course. I used very little dressing.

afternoon snack - craisins/almonds/white grapes mixed with non-fat yogurt, and more chia seeds sprinkled in.

dinner - roasted chicken breast and watermelon.

I also drank close to a gallon of water.

Barbie

snack last night 4 kisses.

1/2 of a muffin with my coffee. It was kind of dry so I thought why waste the calories.

pbj on flax & fiber bread (2 slices)

1/2 C. yogurt with 1/2 C fiber one honey clusters

3 kisses

dinner is in the oven. Pork pie (kind of like chicken pot pie but with cabbage, potato, onion, carrot, leftover pork a crust overtop) Will probably have a Smithwick's with it.

Smithwicks is an Irish beer made by Guiness. I don't think it tastes as dark as Guiness.

kelly

Archived