Cabin Number & Location Question Solstice

Dave4120

First, I would like to thank everyone for their help in explaining to me what cabin might be our best bet. I am booking this transatlantic cruise first thing tomorrow morning.

On an earlier post, I had asked if a 1A cabin might be good and a few responded that the 1A cabins, especially the cabins whose balconies face inward might be pretty good.

However, my wife wants to be in a Concierge Class cabin again. I guess she likes the better pillows, mattresses, flowers, fruit, etc. She's the boss so i just say yes and pay for the cabin.

I see The Solstice has two CC categories instead of the standard one CC category on other ships.

they show a CC1 and a CC2 category. The CC1 category is $2099 a person while the CC2 is much cheaper at just $1599 a person. We have decided on the CC2.

There are only 7 or 8 rooms left in the CC2 category and I would like anyones input on what cabin might be better than another.

On the Panorama Deck, most rooms and balconies seem the same and are pretty much in the same location, toward the back of the ship. the cabins available on this deck are...9277, 9344, 9346, 9348, and 9350.

On the Sky Deck, there are only two cabins. One cabin 1002 is the very first room at the very front of the ship, and the cabin is 1192 which is the very last cabin at the very back of the ship.

Any input on on a cabin at the very front of back? Should we avoid these two and just pick one of the cabins on the Panorama Deck? Or, are there any advantages to the very front or back cabin such as more privacy, or a better view. Maybe that front cabin restricts our view.

Thanks again for the help.

Dave

We are booked in cabin 1192 on the Solstice. We booked this cabin b/c we were higher up and also b/c I find the back of the ship to be quiter and a little less bouncy (some may differ w/ my opinion here), but I get sea sick easily, but have never (knock on wood) had a problem at the back of the ship.

Do what you fell most comfortable with. Remember that you are doing a TA cruise, meaning seas might be rough and the front of the ship has the most motion, so try to stick to midship or aft cabins.

Tell us what you decide on :) Bon Voyage!

First, I would like to thank everyone for their help in explaining to me what cabin might be our best bet. I am booking this transatlantic cruise first thing tomorrow morning.

On an earlier post, I had asked if a 1A cabin might be good and a few responded that the 1A cabins, especially the cabins whose balconies face inward might be pretty good.

However, my wife wants to be in a Concierge Class cabin again. I guess she likes the better pillows, mattresses, flowers, fruit, etc. She's the boss so i just say yes and pay for the cabin.

I see The Solstice has two CC categories instead of the standard one CC category on other ships.

they show a CC1 and a CC2 category. The CC1 category is $2099 a person while the CC2 is much cheaper at just $1599 a person. We have decided on the CC2.

There are only 7 or 8 rooms left in the CC2 category and I would like anyones input on what cabin might be better than another.

On the Panorama Deck, most rooms and balconies seem the same and are pretty much in the same location, toward the back of the ship. the cabins available on this deck are...9277, 9344, 9346, 9348, and 9350.

On the Sky Deck, there are only two cabins. One cabin 1002 is the very first room at the very front of the ship, and the cabin is 1192 which is the very last cabin at the very back of the ship.

Any input on on a cabin at the very front of back? Should we avoid these two and just pick one of the cabins on the Panorama Deck? Or, are there any advantages to the very front or back cabin such as more privacy, or a better view. Maybe that front cabin restricts our view.

Thanks again for the help.

Dave

Hi Dave !

Given your Cabin choices, I would go with either 9277 or 9344. If those arent available, any of your choices on the Panorama (Deck 9) should be fine. I would avoid the most forward cabins on a Transatlantic, and I like Deck 9, as there are passenger cabins above and below you. Those are always good choices, IMHO.

Please keep in mind, that its very hard to be certain, as none of us have been on a Solstice Class ship. This is just a reasonable guess :)

Enjoy your Cruise !

The very last (side) cabin towards the aft has a bigger balcony. You can see that if you look at the pictures posted here. I´d definitely grab a cabin towards the aft over one up front where it definitely does tend to be more bouncy in rough seas. If you can´t get the very last cabin on either side I would definitely go for the cheaper C2 cabin! There are only a very few C1 cabins ( and also category 1A, e.g. 9237, 9215 !! ) with a large balcony and I guess they are gone on most sailings ( these cabins are also easy to spot on the pictures). The last one towards aft is not as big as those but bigger than all other standard balconies.

I am quite disappointed with the aft balconies because they seem to have absolutely no protection from above. Despite the premium location, in my opinion it is not a "premium" balcony anymore and has more disadvantages than advantages (the view). It doesn´t look like this is gonne change till the vessel is finalized.

Archived