HMC - Private Oasis - What's the chances?

pmoniz

OK - so does anyone know what the chances are of getting the private oasis cabana at Half Moon Cay once onboard the ship? Is this someone that everyone runs for and waits in line forever or is it a pretty easy deal? The last thing I want to do as soon as I get on board is go wait in line to book something - but I guess I will if I have to:confused: ! Thanks for the help!

Paula

I think you shouldn't have a problem getting the Private Oasis but there is only one. It's expensive so I think more people go after the smaller Cabana's.

I know I don't like that I have to wait to book the small Cabana's :(

OK - so does anyone know what the chances are of getting the private oasis cabana at Half Moon Cay once onboard the ship? Is this someone that everyone runs for and waits in line forever or is it a pretty easy deal? The last thing I want to do as soon as I get on board is go wait in line to book something - but I guess I will if I have to:confused: ! Thanks for the help!

Paula

We booked the private oasis on our cruise but we are on Holland America. They allow you to book it online before you go. I have not been on Carnival so don't know their procedures. It is a little expensive but looks like a great experience based on what I have read from those who have used it. I think our family will love it. Good luck.

Just got home and the night before we arrived at HMC they were still advertising it looking for someone to rent it. I think they were looking for $1,400 or so for the day. It was in use when we were there so someone came up with the cash. Unlike the cabanas, this is not on the beach but up on the rocks. There is a slide into the water with stairs but not sure where you go if you want to layout in the sun. I guess there is a hot tub as well but with the tempatures last week not sure who would want to do that.

Gary - Thanks for the info. I'm thinking we may be better of with the cabana then. I know some of us would like to sit out on the beach so that may be an issue. I'll have to keep looking into both options. Did you rent a cabana? Hope you had a great cruise!

Hi Pmoniz,

We will be going on the Triumph in a couple of weeks. But it's 16 of us and we're just going to rent 2 small Cabana's. I heard they are $250 each and they hold 5 people each. We just figured everyone won't be in there at the same time so it should be fine. I'll let you know how it is when we return. There is a picture of the small Cabana's in this link http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=803775 if you don't wanna read the blog just scroll to the pictures. But the blog is great too :D

Mosweet - thanks for that link. The info & pics were great! Please let me know how it all worked out when you return. We'd have to rent 2 cabanas as well. Still undecided about what we'd like to do, but we have plenty of time to think about it!

eh2zed & Ilovescotland - Unfortunately with Carnival you have to wait until you get on the ship to book the Cabanas or the Private Oasis. There are 10 of us cruising together right now so it would be perfect for the private oasis. But we'll just wait and see I guess! Thanks for the help!

Mosweet - thanks for that link. The info & pics were great! Please let me know how it all worked out when you return. We'd have to rent 2 cabanas as well. Still undecided about what we'd like to do, but we have plenty of time to think about it!

eh2zed & Ilovescotland - Unfortunately with Carnival you have to wait until you get on the ship to book the Cabanas or the Private Oasis. There are 10 of us cruising together right now so it would be perfect for the private oasis. But we'll just wait and see I guess! Thanks for the help!

That's too bad--I guess. I was on HAL, and a woman on our very active Roll Call made the booking, and we all paid her. We got the package that included a butler, bartender, massage therapist and more food and drink that one could imagine - all for one price which was definitely worth the cost as a special splurge.

ILoveScotland - It would be so much better if we could book ahead of time. I'm not quite sure why Carnival does that? The Oasis sounds wonderful as you described it. The only problem I'm having with it is as another poster mentioned there is no beach to lay out on. I'm sure there are a few in our group who will be looking forward to throwing themselves on a beautiful sandy beach to enjoy some sun, so if the Oasis doesn't offer that it may be better off that we rent a couple of Cabanas?? We'll have to see?!?

ILoveScotland - It would be so much better if we could book ahead of time. I'm not quite sure why Carnival does that? The Oasis sounds wonderful as you described it. The only problem I'm having with it is as another poster mentioned there is no beach to lay out on. I'm sure there are a few in our group who will be looking forward to throwing themselves on a beautiful sandy beach to enjoy some sun, so if the Oasis doesn't offer that it may be better off that we rent a couple of Cabanas?? We'll have to see?!?

Actually the beach is only a very, very short walk. And there are plenty of lounge chairs/recliners around the hot tub on the large deck so getting some sun is not a problem. You can also walk down from the deck where the hot tub is into the sea.

Hi Pmoniz,

We will be going on the Triumph in a couple of weeks. But it's 16 of us and we're just going to rent 2 small Cabana's. I heard they are $250 each and they hold 5 people each. We just figured everyone won't be in there at the same time so it should be fine. I'll let you know how it is when we return. There is a picture of the small Cabana's in this link http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=803775 if you don't wanna read the blog just scroll to the pictures. But the blog is great too :D

Mosweet, please let me know how renting 2 cabanas for 16 people work out. I think this is something my group would be interested in. Looking forward to your response and have a great cruise!!! good.gif

• 1 month later...

Archived