The Ecstacy is now in Galveston 10/22 !

p2lockhart

P2Lock, great sense of humor!

I wonder what it was that made them leave at 1737 hours. Zoomer, DH was glued to the screen too while I was napping.

This was the maiden voyage, after the refurbishing, right? Did it come to Galveston with PAX on board?

Maybe they will say something on the 2200 hours news. If so, I will post it. Walmart is no longer my favorite store. I cannot shop there anymore after seeing how they let their parking lots litter up with shopping carts that destroy the paint on vehicles. They have very poor control of that.

later, j.

Weluv, you didn't by chance hear why she was almost 2 hours late departing Saturday, did you? The best I could come up with was the weather may have had other ships stacked up like cord wood in the channel and she was waiting for the weather to lift to clear up the log jam. But what do I know about ship traffic... I guess it is nothing like air traffic.

Katecruzr, I will be waiting anxiously for your review. Please take good notes on the state of the carpets, drapes, bedding, furnishings, etc and if she is still so neon. Is there a Roll Call for your cruise?

Patti

Patti

I will try my best to take notes on all of the things you mentioned!

I have posted 3 or 4 roll calls for my cruise, but no one ever responded

[quote name='KateCruzr']My family and I will be sailing on her this Thursday the 28th~ :)

Thanks for the post[/QUOTE]
KateCruzr - I would really, really appreciate it if you could save me a copy of the Capers for the Ecstasy. :) :) Pretty please..........

Julie

Could the two of you post about your trip on the Ecstasy out of Galveston to Cozumel and Calica? We're taking the 5 day trip on the Ecstasy sailing Jan. 15. So excited!!

Please post a review for us!! I'll do the same when I return as well.

Karla in Oklahoma

[quote name='p2lockhart']Please take good notes on the state of the carpets, drapes, bedding, furnishings, etc and if she is still so neon.[/QUOTE]
I was reading on another thread yesterday (wish I could find it again) that they did replace the carpets, drapes and beddings but that the color scheme is still the same :( . Evidently they had and overnight party on the boat to welcome her to Galveston and this person had seen her first hand.

I was hoping they were going to upgrade the color scheme (at least in the rooms and hallways) to something more along the lines of the Spirit/Conquest Class.

[quote name='p2lockhart']AggiesAstrosfan, our group of 12 is on the Empress Deck so the bar sounds great. But I expected one since she is sister to the Elation and I believe the deck plans also indicate one.[/QUOTE]That answers my question, then! I had seen some earlier pictures from other cruisers, as well as deck plans, that didn't have the bar on it (except for the Elation, Paradise, and other refurbed Fantasy-class ships). I was originally booked on the 12/4 sailing, so I spent some time checking out the ship online. Guess they added it earlier. :o

[font=Comic Sans MS][color=blue]Hi All! Just checked the cruise ship schedule and looks like the Ecstasy is docking at the Puerta Maya Pier for now. I'm not familiar with this pier......do we tender in? Thanks![/color][/font]

Thats not on the normal schedule of ports....maybe they stopped in puerto maya for a special innaguaral route or something. But the normal routines for the Ecstasy are playa del carmen/cozumel for the 5 days. And just Cozumel for the 4 days.

[quote name='ginag'][font=Comic Sans MS][color=blue]Hi All! Just checked the cruise ship schedule and looks like the Ecstasy is docking at the Puerta Maya Pier for now. I'm not familiar with this pier......do we tender in? Thanks![/color][/font][/QUOTE] Puerto Maya is a pier at Cozumel. No tender.

There are 4 piers there. Punta Langosta pier is the one that is right across the street from Carlos 'n Charlies...Puerto Maya is a bit further down the coast of Cozumel a couple of miles.

Archived