Traveling to Ft Lauderdale

vthompson

Hi gang!:p

My DH & I will be driving from Atlanta to Ft Lauderdale on Feb 27 and stay a night before we sail on 2-28. Suggestions as to where to stay cheap, it can be part or all the way to Ft Lauderdale, just don't want to be to tired before our first cruise;) ;)

Thanks in advance.

Vickie

Your best bet is to visit the east coast departures board to get lots of ideas but I can tell you that we stayed at the Holiday Inn Express and had a good experience. Its right along the sun trolley route so we got to see some sight for a very low cost. They also offered a morning shuttle to the port for about $8 a person.

We stayed in a La Quinta on Cypress Cr. Road right off I-95 at Exit 33 last year. It was pretty inexpensive on the weekends because it is in an Commercial area. They also provided a free breakfast that was better than most. It's only a few miles from the port.

Bruce

Try to find a hotel close to the port with free or cheap shuttle service to & from the ship. The cost of parking at the terminal is at least $14 a day. $98 for one week parking alone would be worth the cost of your hotel w/shuttle in many cases.

Hampton Inn Plantation is a nice hotel and they will let you park your car there while you cruise for $25. Free breakfast and free shuttle to and from the port. It is also in front of a shopping mall just in case you forget something!!

Hampton Inn Plantation is a nice hotel and they will let you park your car there while you cruise for $25. Free breakfast and free shuttle to and from the port. It is also in front of a shopping mall just in case you forget something!!

When did they start charging to park? We stayed there last November and it was free to leave a car there.

When did they start charging to park? We stayed there last November and it was free to leave a car there.

For some reason the fee is on their website, I've never heard of them actually collecting it though.

Archived