Is it just me , or...............??????

moby roby

We're booked on Serenade to Southern Carribean Feb 5, 2005, but with all my and my daughter's posts as to who might be going then as well (all on Roll Call board), so far there is no one seemingly going on that cruise. All dates around it in January and Feb on Serenade and other ships , but not THAT particular cruise. Maybe we're really going to the Bermuda triangle or something like that..........do do do do do do do do!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyone know something about that date on the Serenade that we don't???

Curious and curiouser

We're booked on Serenade to Southern Carribean Feb 5, 2005, but with all my and my daughter's posts as to who might be going then as well (all on Roll Call board), so far there is no one seemingly going on that cruise. All dates around it in January and Feb on Serenade and other ships , but not THAT particular cruise. Maybe we're really going to the Bermuda triangle or something like that..........do do do do do do do do!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyone know something about that date on the Serenade that we don't???

Curious and curiouser

My wife and I will be on the Jan 2, 2005 sailing and the only person that has responded to our roll call was someone that would be getting on the ship as we are disembarking. We have not foind anyone sailing with us either. Do there appear to still be a lot of cabins available for your sailing? With ours there are still a lot of openings... we tend to think that may be a good thing... less people booked the better the chances prices will fall prior to sailing and if they don't all fill up, less people to contend with onboard:)

We're sailing the Serenade on 2/12, and so far only 2 others have responded to the roll call. Our sailing has been sold out for almost 2 months now. So where is everyone:confused: ?

Maybe the Serenade is not very popular because it sails out of San Juan as opposed to Florida? Also, isn't usually locals(i.e. People who physically live in Puerto Rico) that make up a decent size of the passengers on those type of sailings? From what I have seen, not a whole lot of people on these boards from Puerto Rico... it's the only thing I can think of as why a cruise would be sold out but yet you can't find many people here that will be sailing on it.

Just remember - Cruise Critic members are just a small number of cruisers (when you take into consideration all the cruise ships in the world, and all the people sailing on them!).

Just because no one on these boards is sailing with you... that doesn't mean you'll be all alone on your cruise! I'm sure the ship will be packed!!

Hi! I'm having the same problem with our March 14th sailing on the Empress - the 11 night Exotic Caribbean cruise. I know it's early, but I thought someone would be around at this time. The other sailings of this cruise have Roll Calls going and they said it took a while for anyone to sign up, but closer to sailing, they did. I guess I'll just have to be patient.

Scott

We have previously sailed out of San Juan three times on the Destiny. Never had a problem meeting fellow cc'ers from the boards. Usually had about a dozen or more that we met up with once on board. I kinda of think it's more like a large group or corporate booking on board, thus the reason that the ship is already sold out. When the ships aren't selling well is when they usually offer the last minute discounts to the local residents.

We have 8 cruisers signed up for our M&M for 4/30/05 Navigator cruise. I guess it takes time. I only learned about this Cruise Critic board this summer, just by mistake actually, was playing around on the internet. This will be our 7th/8th cruises - so I guess what the previous poster said about cruise critic members being just a small number of cruisers. Just hope that the closer to the cruise date we have enough signed up.

We've only got four or five couples, I think, for 1/29 Serenade. I had thought that it may have had something to do with how long before the trip it is, but it is under 100 days now, so I was figuring that it was indeed that it was sailing from San Juan, and so we would have many non-American passengers on-board.

I, too, found this board completely by accident. Glad I did, though! I learned so many things before our last cruise that were helpful and we have been cruising for 20 years.

Maybe some of you can help me with a question I have. I started a Roll Call for our March cruise and bookmarked it. I can pull it up just fine on the board, but when I do a search for it, I can't find it. So that means if someone else is doing a search - it won't be there. Did I do something wrong?

We're sailing the Mariner 1/23/05 and its the same thing. Only 2 of on this actual cruise responding for the longest, then another just joined. Our M&M has 16 signed up. Don't know why people aren't responding to the Roll Call. I still have hope the closer we get the more people will reply.

Archived