Missing the S/S Norway! Anyone else?

compguy

I miss the S/S Norway, what was once called the S/S France. After going to NCL, it was moved around, was damaged in an explosion, and was scrapped off the coast of India. This was the first large ship I was on ('85). Anyone else cruise on the S/S Norway?

I already posted here once....but I just remembered something.

Norway carried her own tenders.....remember?

• 2 weeks later...

First cruise in 1996, my DH wasn't sure he ever wanted to cruise but we had the best time. We took the kids on our second cruise in 2001.

The kids (3) shared an inside stateroom that was as big as a closet! Our room was slightly larger very art deco.

The best part was eating in the dinning room each night, the waiter always had a suggestion for my picky eater and she loved everything he picked. The wine steward made paper roses or oragami animals for my daughter every night. (even though we didn't order wine)

I loved the shopping. There were a bunch of stores, dress stores, costume jewelry, fine jewelry, drug and sundries, suvenier shops and the liquor store.

I loved her elegance and I loved dressing up (although I love freestyle too)

I loved the barbecue and buffet at poolside, I've been on the Dawn and Spirit and I don't think they are nearly as nice.

I am so glad I didn't miss the NORWAY, I have so many fond memories of that ship

Archived