machete souvenir?

LindaKE

IF DH finds a souvenir machete that he wants for his collection, would they allow him to "check" it until we disembark? When he saw that a banana plantation is an excursion choice, he immediately thought of the chance to add to his collection. I can't imagine a cruise line allowing him to take something like that to our cabin now days, but would they hold it for him like they do alcohol purchases?

I really doubt they will allow it on the ship - but it may be best to ask - and Heaven knows what customs would think of it. A fellow cruiser had his multitool confiscated while trying to board the ship - so it's possible he may get it there and they won't allow it on. (And no, they didn't return it once we reached our final port)

There is however a possibility that whomever he purchases it from can have it properly shipped back home for you.

My brother had a dive knife in his carry on when he boarded the Sky in Miami ( he forgot it was there). They took it away and he got it back at the end of the cruise. Customs had it in their system but had no problems getting it back.

If it were me, I would call the cruise lines and ask if you bought a machete, how do you surrender it and receive it at the end of the cruise.

IF DH finds a souvenir machete that he wants for his collection, would they allow him to "check" it until we disembark? When he saw that a banana plantation is an excursion choice, he immediately thought of the chance to add to his collection. I can't imagine a cruise line allowing him to take something like that to our cabin now days, but would they hold it for him like they do alcohol purchases?

They will not allow you to bring it onboard and it will be confiscated. Other items you are not allowed to bring onboard from a port of call are whips, numchucks, baseball bats, throwing stars, etc. Usually the only exception would be a diving knife that has been previously checked.

Dave

We bought some blades in Alaska, when we returned to the ship they took them and gave us a receipt. Last night on board you go to the designated room, show the receipt, and pick up the blades. Apparently if you want to go postal and slice people up on the ship you can do it, but only on the last night...

Archived