Please help me...i am going insane which is better deluxe w/ verandah or oceanview

frozensmoke99

I think both are relatively expensive but its the magic and debt that counts right....LOL

So i have changed my reservation twice already from Inside Stateroom (cat 11, deck 6) sailing the Disney Wonder 2/12 to 2/15 to a Deluxe Stateroom w/verandah (cat 6, deck 6) for an additional 500 for 3 people- myself, my 8 yo daughter, and 78 yo nana (totalling about 2200)...IS THAT CRAZY? Should I go down to a Deluxe Ocean View Stateroom (cat 8, deck 2,5, 6)?

Please help running out of time.

Think about this to help you decide.

How much time will you really spend out there to enjoy the verandah?

Is it $500.00 worth ?

or would that $500 be better used for excursions or souvenirs?

If you just want to be able to look at the ocean but not really going to be in the room a lot anyway I would opt for the ocean view.

we usually get a verandah, they are great, but 3 days ago we changed our reservation because we realized we arnt in the room enough to make it worth the extra $$.

The choice is yours, either room is nice,

mom x4,grandma x4

We always get a balcony even had one on our recent 3 day Wonder cruise.

We use the balcony all the time but I do agree it is a 3 day cruise and you will be very busy.....take that $500. and put it toward the dolphin experience at Blue Lagoon. Your daughter & nana will probably talk more about the dolphins then having a balcony. :)

HAVE FUN!

I think both are relatively expensive but its the magic and debt that counts right....LOL

So i have changed my reservation twice already from Inside Stateroom (cat 11, deck 6) sailing the Disney Wonder 2/12 to 2/15 to a Deluxe Stateroom w/verandah (cat 6, deck 6) for an additional 500 for 3 people- myself, my 8 yo daughter, and 78 yo nana (totalling about 2200)...IS THAT CRAZY? Should I go down to a Deluxe Ocean View Stateroom (cat 8, deck 2,5, 6)?

Please help running out of time.

Are you going on just the cruise? Or is this in combination with a Land/Sea package? Only reason why I ask, isn't the type of resort on property in line with the type of room you get on the cruise? I know when we went in 2000 it was that way, ie Veranda Room/Deluxe Resort; Ocean View/Moderate Resort; Inside Cabin/Value Resort. So, that extra $500 would upgrade the Resort as well if you're doing both land/sea. Just something else to think about when deciding if the $500 is worth it. Personally, I think it would be worth the extra money, as we did this for our cruise and stayed at the Board Walk Hotel and had a Veranda cabin. Whatever you choose, you'll have so much fun!! Enjoy!

Are you going on just the cruise? Or is this in combination with a Land/Sea package? Only reason why I ask, isn't the type of resort on property in line with the type of room you get on the cruise? I know when we went in 2000 it was that way, ie Veranda Room/Deluxe Resort; Ocean View/Moderate Resort; Inside Cabin/Value Resort. So, that extra $500 would upgrade the Resort as well if you're doing both land/sea. Just something else to think about when deciding if the $500 is worth it. Personally, I think it would be worth the extra money, as we did this for our cruise and stayed at the Board Walk Hotel and had a Veranda cabin. Whatever you choose, you'll have so much fun!! Enjoy!

No actually, i made my own little package up (here it is):

We leave Boston, MA 2/12 to MCO for cruise

We cruise from 2/12 to 2/15 in a Cat 6 w/ verandah for me (27 yo female, 8 yo daughter, and 78 yo Nana) for around $2200

once we get back on land we are renting a car at the Port and staying at the Westgate Town Center from 2/15 to 2/18 (doing a 90 minute tour which I don't mind, own timeshare (2 at that) and hey free tics to Epcot with one free day to other park (DD, DQ, Water Parks, or Sports Complex) for only...get this....$59...YES I SAID $59...Pulled some strings...Hey 90 minutes won't kill you...they are willing to work according to your budget as long as you do their tour (I booked the earliest tour 7:30AM like I did this past Christmas so the rest of my day is free...we all know its longer than 90 mins anyways..so around 10ish or 11ish my day is free for us to enjoy).

but I was more worried about the balcony and if we will use it....I am going on a 3 day cruise with NCL Sky 9/19 to 9/22 for $854 Balcony Room for me, my daughter, and Nana. I have some excursions planned where we all can do on Sat but Sunday when me and my daughter go snorkeling I knew my Nana wasn't going to come so I am happy I have a balcony while we are doing that she can tour the ship or just hang out in the room/balcony but that is a huge PRICE DIFFERENCE...is that how Disney is anyways expensive?

Disney is so expensive because they only have the 2 ships. I think worth the price but it is always nice to save $$

Disney has adult only areas that Nana woud like such as the coffee shop & quiet cove.

Remember 1 day you will be at Castaway Cay and the other in Nassau, you really won't have all that much time to be in your room.

Have fun!

Frozensmoke99 -- Also, remember while you're at Castaway Cay and Nana stays on the ship, she'll have all the Disney Cast Members taking good care of her while she's on deck; therefore, might be better to spend the additional $500 towards your next cruise! Hope you all enjoy!

Now this is going to sound a little crazy as we always get a verandah, but I will be honest, if you are going on just a 3 day, I would opt out of the verandah as you will not be in the room enough to use it on a 3 day. See, once we did 3 day we then went to 4 day then to 7 and have been cruising 7 every since. Many 7 days later, we really can not validate the verandah anymore besides the fact it is 7 days for the price difference. When my DD was 2 and 3 we used it a lot as she still took naps. When the kids were still young, we retired there when they would go down for the night. Now last cruise in March at 6 & 10 the kids retired for the night when we did, so we did not use it at all, besides to dry swim suites. Now I do HAVE to have an outside room as I am an insominac and wake about 10 times at night and the outside view grounds me. I would save the money if I were you.

Frozensmoke99 -- Also, remember while you're at Castaway Cay and Nana stays on the ship, she'll have all the Disney Cast Members taking good care of her while she's on deck; therefore, might be better to spend the additional $500 towards your next cruise! Hope you all enjoy!

Nana will really enjoy Castaway Cay, they have a tram to get around if walking is a problem.

Get off early and snag a place with an umbrella on the first beach you get to it is also close to the bbq for lunch. When we were there in May, my hubby found a place in the shade while I had character photos taken.

Later in the day, people were taking other people's lounge chairs/tossing stuff on ground so, don't leave anything unattended. (I couldn't believe how rude some people were, they got there late and were to lazy to move down to the other beaches)

Another trick is to book an oceanview and in January about a month before you go (after you have paid in full) call DCL to see if you can upgrade...... that way, you can decide then if it is worth the extra $$ and it may not be $500. I have snagged upgrades for only $100. more.

I think you mentioned it would $2700. for a cat 6 for 3 days.....OUCH!

You can get 7 days in a balcony on Royal Caribbean's newest ships for that and they offer more---though, not the Disney experience.

My point--keep things in perspective:) :)

So I was thinking, maybe I should chalk it up. If i put my mind into it thinking about how much i spent i may utilize it more, right...LOL! Anyways, I will keep it and look at it like this, we will get to experience it now. Maybe in the future i can say, oh we tried a room w/ a verandah lets try an ocean view to do a comparison and maybe like ocean view better...i say anywhere down the line I might want to try a room with a verandah eventually (so either way I will be paying the extra for it and $500 is not that crazy from a Cat 11, b/c maybe 10 years from now if Gas keeps going up it may be 1000 more for a verandah) but i can say i tried it when the price was moderate.

Archived