Vancouver Tour Question

I am going to be in Vancouver on Sept 20 and was looking to take the Grouse Sunset tour, but researching it looks like that tour is not available. The dates stop on Sept 13th. Is that true? I checked on Vancouver Trolley tours. If so, is there any other tour that would be similar to this one. I will be doing the hop-on hop-off tour during the day, but wanted something for the evening. I would really like to take the walk across the suspension bridge as well.

Any suggestions or advise would be appreciated.

Thanks

I am going to be in Vancouver on Sept 20 and was looking to take the Grouse Sunset tour, but researching it looks like that tour is not available. The dates stop on Sept 13th. Is that true? I checked on Vancouver Trolley tours. If so, is there any other tour that would be similar to this one. I will be doing the hop-on hop-off tour during the day, but wanted something for the evening. I would really like to take the walk across the suspension bridge as well.

Lucia; I can't discern which tour you are referring to as there are many. I am going to attach a link to one that is not quite a Sunset Tour but may be a near miss. You could also do it on you by transit. Depending where you are staying you can catch the SeaBus which crosses Burrard Inlet (Vancouver's harbour) and once on the other side you can transfer to Capilano bus that will take you right to the Suspension Bridge and then to the Grouse Mountain Skyride. As an alternative you can catch a bus on West Georgia and transfer once on on the North Shore. I am going to attach a transit link as well.

www.vancouvertours.com/

www.translink.bc.ca/

Thanks for your response, but I am not as adventurious to try to use transit systems that I am not familiar with. I just want to get onto a bus from a central location (downtown Vancouver) and the driver do the rest. My main question is the suspension bridge not open to tourist during the week of Sept 20? If so, is it weather related?

I was looking to take the Vancouver Trolley cos evening Grouse Sunset tour because it had stops at the bridge and Grouse mountain and dinner included.

I am staying at the Georgian Hotel. I know that the Big Bus stops there, but I don't think they have a similar tour to what Vancouver Trolley tour offers. I am going to take the hop-off hop-on day tour with the Big Bus co.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks

"My main question is the suspension bridge not open to tourist during the week of Sept 20? If so, is it weather related?

Not sure where you found this info - I just checked there website and couldn't find any reference to it being closed.

It does however close at 7PM - which would be getting close to twilight at that time of the year and to my knowledge the area is not lit for night viewing.

Perhaps that is what you are referring to.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Dennis

I contacted Vancouver Trolley this morning and the Sunset Tour program does end on Sept 13th. However their North Shore Connecter program does run well into October. You could call the Grouse Mountian and ask them which tour companies that come to the montain offer a sunset tour that runs past mid September as they are open well in to the evening 365 days a year.

http://www.vancouvertrolley.com/north_shore_connector.php

http://www.grousemountain.com/Summer/

Archived