My first post and I am upset with Carnival

glavine4746

Hey, where did everybody go?

LHP What do you think about my side of the story?

Cruisecastle have you "got-it" now?

CWcruisers I never said "I will never sail on (fill in the blank) again!", Isaid I may not use them again.

DreadPirateRobert I am not a "I hate Carnival because.........." drive by. I am still here.

Odoyal Rulez give me a break that was my first post ever on a message board.

I want to thank everyone that provided helpful advice. These boards are a great help and I hope to post many more times. But for everyone else where are you now, but I guess it was another "drive by insult".

We are looking forward to our cruise. I am looking forward to spending time with my family and friends.

Hello Glavine:

No offense but when you quote "I might not used them again" to me it means you will not cruise Carnival anymore which is entirely up to your discretion, One thing that many in here need to do is stick to what they said and not change any words, what you wrotte reads that.

DreadPirateRobert

Hey thanks for the a aology. I realize how you could think I was posting and running away. That day after my original post, I could not repost. I typed my response(#42) 4 times and everytime I submit it, I would get an erroe message and the response would disappear.

I realize I am new to this board, So I am coming into your alls world. What every critic needs to realize is that everyone had to start somewhere. These boards are here to help, I thought, and they have helped me.

Thanks for all of the help and robert thanks for your apology. It takes a big men to admit when he was wrong. I have the utmost respect for you because of that.Thanks

BTW OP, Welcome to CruiseCritic!! It is truely a great place to come for information, and even to vent. Dread was right about some come on the Carnival thread just to bash Carnival, then go away. You, unfortunetly did it when the boards were undergoing "construction' and were misunderstood. I hope you keep coming back, it is a fun place to keep you distracted until the cruise:)

I had a rude experience with RCCL, and have only sailed them once because of how it made me feel, but everyone is right, don't judge by one experience. I just like Carnival, and want Platnium LOL:rolleyes:

Hello Glavine:

No offense but when you quote "I might not used them again" to me it means you will not cruise Carnival anymore which is entirely up to your discretion, One thing that many in here need to do is stick to what they said and not change any words, what you wrotte reads that.

What he said was "I MAY not use them again" and that is what he quoted, why so mean???

Just my observation, if I were the OP, I MAY not ever sail Carnival again either, because of how many posters were rude and mean on this thread. I would have the impression that the passangers were as rude and mean as the PVP he dealt with, so MUST be Carnival????

Of course, I know better. And apparently so does he, this is his 3rd Carnival cruise, and hopefully not his last.

Maybe you should talk to a different rep about a possible upgrade. I heard my cruise had a price drop so I called to see if I could get an OBC since I'd made final payment. The first person I spoke with said there was nothing he could do. A few days later I emailed the PVP I booked with and an hour later she responded and said she got me a $200 credit!!

So, maybe it depends on who you talk to? I'm not saying you'd get a free upgrade, but maybe someone else could check into it further for you.

What he said was "I MAY not use them again" and that is what he quoted, why so mean???

Just my observation, if I were the OP, I MAY not ever sail Carnival again either, because of how many posters were rude and mean on this thread. I would have the impression that the passangers were as rude and mean as the PVP he dealt with, so MUST be Carnival????

Of course, I know better. And apparently so does he, this is his 3rd Carnival cruise, and hopefully not his last.

I been defending the member since the first post and i dont feel i been mean i am just telling her how her statement sounded to me, thats just my opinion, I will not judge Carnival based on the members of this forum, there is good and bad people anywhere, I will not go as far as thinking hat way lol.

I work for a major tele-communications company where just about every day is a bad day for us. We have been called every name in the book by our customers on a daily basis. We do not curse, swear or talk in a demeaning manor to our customers. We just suck it up and go on to the next customer. I don't care if this rep. was having a bad day, she should have never spoken to any customer in that manor. It doesn't matter if the OP was confused or even wrong to assume in this matter, it does not give the Rep. a right to talk to him in that manor. He is the customer and the customer is always right (even if you think he is wrong). Everyone has stress in their jobs these days, it doesn't give you the right to treat people that way.

I been defending the member since the first post and i dont feel i been mean i am just telling her how her statement sounded to me, thats just my opinion, I will not judge Carnival based on the members of this forum, there is good and bad people anywhere, I will not go as far as thinking hat way lol.

I, of course would never judge any cruise line from these posters either, just hate to scare off newbie posters, cause if they stick around, they can have a lot of fun and get lots of info. 9 cruises and 3 years on this board and I am STILL learning stuff. OK, I will step down now from my Pollyanna soapbox. :D

Archived