Can someone give me a short review on Camp Carnival

glavine4746

I can help on the 7 year old, but not the 4 year old. My daughter has been going to camp carnival for the past 3 years -- absolutely LOVES it. They have activities throughout the day, and normally they close for lunch on sea days, then open again later in the afternoon. While in port, they are open all day (please no slamming, but I did leave her on board once when we disembarked. She was having so much fun that she didn't want to get off the ship. She was perfectly fine and enjoyed the day much more than if we dragged her with us.) No charges are incurred until after ~10:00 p.m,, when a nominal $6/per hour applies. They have 'slumber parties' some nights going to 3:00 a.m. when they will bring your child back to your cabin for you. We never used that service, but it is there if you want to use it.

Not all activities interest my daughter. The children get their own camp carnival capers, and can come and go when they want to be in camp. They serve the children dinner in camp carnival on formal nights if you want to enjoy the evening without the children.

An example of some of the activities: t-shirt coloring (provided at no extra charge), something similar to build a bear (around $20), candy art, board games, video games, water balloons, talent show, etc.

When you sign them up initially, you list who is allowed to sign them out. They must show their S&S card at pick up. At 9 years old, you can opt to allow your child to sign themself out.

I know this is all over the place, but hope it helps.

CruiseinNJ

"I know this is all over the place, but hope it helps."

Thanks so much. That is the most info I have been able to find. One question, Do you tip them at the end of the cruise?\ If anyone else has any info please let me know. Thanks again

Yes - a tip is appreciated, but not required. I normally give a tip to the 2 counselors in charge of their group, it varies depending on how many hours she spends there! And let me add -- my daughter, being in camp carnival from age 7 - 9, has never had a counselor she didn't like.

We have a 7 yro and 5 yro. The program was explained well above. We have not encountered the extraordinary level of service others seem to experience. Don't get me wrong, it is competent, but nothing I would call stellar. In our experience, whether or not your kids like it(particularly the older child) will depend a great deal on the other children in the program and the connections made at the very beginning of the cruise. Ours makes friends quickly, is the type to introduce himself and join right in. If he were more reserved I wonder if he would enjoy it as much as he does.

In my opinion the younger group is daycare with face painting. And the group is too wide in age range 2-5 years old is a wide range of ability. That said, my 5 yro wanted to go every time it was open.

One tip is to be a little early at pick up times or you can end up waiting in line a while to check them out.

Bandman

Thanks for the great advice and tip. We will be traveling with 8 families; so, our children will be in the camp with their friends. But,I will not leave them in there all of the time; because I would love to spend time with them. Thanks

Archived