Any snorkeling near Cable Beach (New Providence), Cabbage Beach (Paradise Island), or

D+D

With 2 days in Nassau, my wife and I plan on spending some time at both Cable Beach (New Providence Island) and Cabbage Beach (Paradise Island). Is there any decent beach-accessible snorkeling near either beach? Any snorkeling advice? Should I bother to haul our masks & fins?

Similar question – we’ve booked the Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach excursion (Fortune Beach, Grand Bahamas) – any advice on snorkeling around there?

Thanks

D+D

Carnival Victory, 10/08 “A sea of blue and all the colors imaginable await you”

NCL Dawn, 6/08 “Shores distant shores, there's where I'm headed for.” – Guy Clark

NCL Spirit, 10/07 “My favorite thing is to go where I've never been.” - Diane Arbus

NCL Majesty, 4/07 “Forces pullin’ from the center of the [Caribbean] again; I can feel it.” - Live

NCL Spirit, 9/06 “I hope you understand, I just had to go back to the islands.” - Jimmy Buffett

Celebrity Horizon, 9/04 “You can die and go to heaven, I’ll go to Bermuda.” - Mark Twain

Carnival Inspiration, 9/97 “One doesn't discover new lands without consenting to lose sight of the shore.” - Andre Gide

Archived