CB Question re: unlimited soda, ice cream & mocktail card

lj1231

Another poster mentioned this. Does anyone know if it includes water and/or smoothies. This is definitely something I would look into for my son. I believe the poster said it was $80 for the cruise.

There is a soda card, actually a sticker they place on your sail and sign card, which is priced per day per person, for unlimited fountain drinks. (I think someone reported also that you could get a few different mocktails with this one also like a shirley temple, but not sure about this).

There is also an ice cream card, although not unlimited. As said, there is free ice cream at the buffet each afternoon for about an hour, and it is also available in the diningroom for dessert after meals.

But there is no card that covers all of the above for one price that I have ever heard of or seen.

The soda card does not get you bottled water either, just fountain sodas from the bars (cans of soda in staterooms or other places are not included and the soda sticker is not valid on Princess Cays).

On the CB August 6 cruise they were selling "the ultimate kids card." For $9 per day plus 15% tip you received a different sticker than the soda sticker. The ultimate kids sticker covered:

- sodas (from the dispenser, not cans)

- mocktails

- juice

- soft serve ice cream in a cone or cup, sprinkles and chocolate chips, were also included. Milkshakes are NOT included and many of the toppings are NOT included. I think chocolate sauce was also an included topping, but I am not 100% sure on that.

- hot chocolate.

We also received a special cup and fancy kids straw. The kids did not have to use the cup to get the beverages. All you had to do was show the sticker. No signatures were required.

Our bill for 2 stickers worked out to $186 for the cruise.

Netta7

On the CB August 6 cruise they were selling "the ultimate kids card." For $9 per day plus 15% tip you received a different sticker than the soda soda sticker. The ultimate kids sticker covered:

- sodas

- mocktails

- soft serve ice cream in a cone or cup, sprinkles and chocolate chips, were also included. Milkshakes are NOT included and many of the toppings are NOT included. I think chocolate sauce was also an included topping, but I am not 100% sure on that.

- hot chocolate.

We also received a special cup and fancy kids straw. The kids did not have to use the cup to get the beverages. All you had to do was show the sticker. No signatures were required.

Netta7

Something new they started this summer maybe? I have honestly never heard of it before on Princess or even read any posts about it.

When we boarded the CB they were approaching everyone with kids about the cards. No one even asked us if we wanted just a soda card for the boys. We bought them for both or our boys, but I am not sure they used the cards enough to be worth the cost.

Unfortunately, some of the kids on the ship quickly figured out who had the cards and who didn't. One enterprising teen was holding places in line for kids at the ping pong tables in exchange for free mocktails. They would also try to find a smaller kid with a sticker to go and get them smoothies. If you do buy a card, make sure your kids know the rules for using them and keep them in their possession.

Netta7

When we boarded the CB they were approaching everyone with kids about the cards. No one even asked us if we wanted just a soda card for the boys. We bought them for both or our boys, but I am not sure they used the cards enough to be worth the cost.

Unfortunately, some of the kids on the ship quickly figured out who had the cards and who didn't. One enterprising teen was holding places in line for kids at the ping pong tables in exchange for free mocktails. They would also try to find a smaller kid with a sticker to go and get them smoothies. If you do buy a card, make sure your kids know the rules for using them and keep them in their possession.

Netta7

Thanks Netta7, I am going to guess they are testing this concept during the summer. But from what you have reported, not sure how long it will last knowing kids and other kids as most of us do. ;) Appreciate you explaining how they are doing this. I wonder if part of the price being so high is because they had already figured out how this would be exchanged between the younger set? :)

We sailed th CB in July, I'm glad my kids were not approched, as they were quite content with the soda card, free ice cream, and the occasional sign for a mocktail. It looks like I saved some $:) We're sailing again next July and I'm sure I'll keep it the same way.

I wonder if they were just offering this to children. I know plenty of adults who would like unlimited soda, ice cream, hot chocolate and even mocktails!

I was on the CB on July and they were not offering this then. I'm glad they weren't because personally, I want to monitor how much sugar my 9yo son eats and drinks!

I wonder if they were just offering this to children. I know plenty of adults who would like unlimited soda, ice cream, hot chocolate and even mocktails!

I was on the CB on July and they were not offering this then. I'm glad they weren't because personally, I want to monitor how much sugar my 9yo son eats and drinks!

From what Netta7 says, it is called the "the ultimate kids card" , so I would venture to guess it is not available for adults. :(

I did not try to buy a kids sticker for myself, but they did not offer us one either. It was referred to as the ultimate kids card and I think there were signs on the table that said KIDS. The cup came with a twirly straw with little plastic animals on them.

On a positive note that I meant to include in my review, some posters on previous cruises had said they did not think the service was as fast for stickers vs. people paying by the drink. My kids were always served very promptly. I never saw a bartender take a "pay by the drink customer" out of turn in front of a kid with a sticker. If anything, I saw them quickly dispense a couple of sodas for people with stickers out of turn before they went to make a mixed drink.

Netta7

On the CB August 6 cruise they were selling "the ultimate kids card." For $9 per day plus 15% tip you received a different sticker than the soda sticker. The ultimate kids sticker covered:

- sodas (from the dispenser, not cans)

- mocktails

- juice

- hot chocolate.

Netta7

Never heard of it and they never offered it on our last cruise with the kids(thankfully as it was 30 days and soda for the 2 kids was enough for my wallet and there teeth).:D :D

Archived