Bait and Switch cave-tubing???

Cammie

We just confirmed reservations with cave-tubing.com and got the following response: "since you only have 4 people in your group, the rate is $50, not $45. If you get more people then you get the $45 rate." Has anybody else had this happen? I realize it's only $5, but the reason it upsets me is because it doesn't say anywhere on their website that you have to have 5 people in a group to get the $45 rate. Has anyone else experienced this? Does Major Tom require a minimum amount of people for his rate?

Cammie, I am really surprised that you got that response. We did cavetubing with the dotcom guys and had a great time. They had a bus, and our group loaded on and waited for others to join us that were in port at the time. I am sure that you won't have the bus to yourself.

We have scheduled another excursion cavetubing with them in Sept. That's kind of irritating to me that they would say that to you.:( I have always found them to be very helpful, and have referred friends to them when they cruised.

I am surprised as well because it doesn't say anything about that on their website. I would try emailing them again and asking about the charge and mention that it doesn't say anything about a minimum # of people to get the $45. We booked over a year ago and got the rate of $45, good luck :)

We just confirmed reservations with cave-tubing.com and got the following response: "since you only have 4 people in your group, the rate is $50, not $45. If you get more people then you get the $45 rate." Has anybody else had this happen? I realize it's only $5, but the reason it upsets me is because it doesn't say anywhere on their website that you have to have 5 people in a group to get the $45 rate. Has anyone else experienced this? Does Major Tom require a minimum amount of people for his rate?

We were told it would be 50pp since we had a family of four. Once we were on the bus we were told it was 45pp since there was more than four on the excursion. Email Yhony to see if he means that you need have 5 in your party or do they add the total of all parties. They are a great group to go with, we had a great time. I would not hesitate to recommend them.

We were just in Belize last week and did cave-tubing with the .net group and Major Tom. We are a family of 4 and we paid $45 each. We were on a bus with 25 people total and 5 guides. However, our family of 4 had our own guide. But all the groups were small. I was nervous about cave tubing because I can not swim. Once our guide, Mark, heard I could not swim, he went out of his way to watch over me. It was a great experience and ended up being our favorite spot. If you have any concerns or questions--I'd check with with Major Tom's group at cave-tubing .net because they only charged the stated price and they did a great job. They do not have a minimum group size.

Hmmm... we are booked with Yhonny for Oct 2 and this was in my email confirmation from him, but never really thought anything of it until I read this post.......

All you need to do is to be as early as possible for you to join others that have booked with us and get the regular price of $45us per person.

So I'm guessing if your group (including others booked) isn't large enough you get charged more?? But that isn't fair as his website doesn't say anything about this and even after we booked it didn't say anything other than what's quoted above and doesn't give any specifics. Guess I better double check with him.

Thank you all for your responses! We're thinking about switching to Major Tom. Like I said, it's only $5, but it's just the idea that it all seems a little less than honest. We'll go ahead and email the cave-tubing people and get a confirmation and if they stick with the extra, we'll be switching. Thanks a bunch!

Archived