Early Transfer at Civitavecchia,Italy

swimjimmom

:confused: My daughter's flight home from Rome has been changed to an early morning flight about 8:30am. Does anyone know if she can purchase the transfer from Carnival, get off the ship and still make her early flight home. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

:confused: My daughter's flight home from Rome has been changed to an early morning flight about 8:30am. Does anyone know if she can purchase the transfer from Carnival, get off the ship and still make her early flight home. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

We just returned from the Freedom Grand Med departing from Rome. An 8:30 flight is really early. The port is about 50 minutes away from the airport and for an international flight they recommend you be there at least three hours before departure. The CD did mention during the debarkation talk that the ship would be arriving earlier than scheduled. (scheduled time was 7- he said we would be arriving at 5-5:30- I'm not sure what time we arrived because I was still sleeping) I believe they started calling the numbers at 6. IF she uses self debarkation, If the ship gets in port early and If she is one of the first people- a 2 1/2 time frame to get to the airport is really still cutting it too close. Also, the problem most people faced who were taking the Carnival transfers is that there were a lot of people who did not immediately get off when thier numbers were called and Carnival held the bus. They were calling tons of names from 6-7:30 a.m to debark immediatley as they were holding up the transfer bus.

In any event, your best best is to call Carnival and get their feedback. I think they would be the best ones to answer this one for you.

Hope this helps.

Caroline

in 05 we had a very early fligjht out of Rome, it was about 8:00 or 8:30, we were off the ship by 5:30 am and at the airport with plenty of time to spare. You can let them know of the early flight when you first get on the ship. I have to say that debarkation in Rome was pretty easy, since we did not have to clear customs until we got to Frankfurt Germany, that was the international portion of the trip, our flight was Rome to Frankfurt and the Frankfurt to Denver. So the 3 hour time was not a factor for us.

Good luck I am sure that everything will go as planned.

in 05 we had a very early fligjht out of Rome, it was about 8:00 or 8:30, we were off the ship by 5:30 am and at the airport with plenty of time to spare. You can let them know of the early flight when you first get on the ship. I have to say that debarkation in Rome was pretty easy, since we did not have to clear customs until we got to Frankfurt Germany, that was the international portion of the trip, our flight was Rome to Frankfurt and the Frankfurt to Denver. So the 3 hour time was not a factor for us.

Good luck I am sure that everything will go as planned.

Hi Redskin

We also debarked out of Rome in 05 (early September) but it was a nightmare at the rome airport. Apparently 1 or 2 other ships also were debarking on the same day and, I guess, pretty much the same time and the airport was simply chaos. Lines everywhere -- and you couldn't even tell what line was for what. And there was no airport personnel to help. Luckily we had plenty of time and we were flying business class (Rome to London to NYC). So once we spotted the BA ticket counter they have a separate line for Business and first class so we were all set. But wading through the crowds schlepping your luggage was not fun.

Then again last year we went on a cooking tour of Tuscany in and out of Rome airport, and it was no problem. I think it's a hit or miss thing.

CT Mak

Archived