Early Transfer from Civitavecchia, Italy

swimjimmom

:confused: My daughter's flight has been changed to early morning about 8:30am. Does anyone know if she can purchase a transfer from Carnival, get off the ship early and still make her flight home? Any help would be appreciated.

Not sure about making this flight.

We disembarked in Rome this year. We were off just after the self-assist group, about 7:00am. Takes an hour to the airport. We were on a Carnival transfer.

Our flight was at 11:15am.

I think Carnival's website says not to schedule flights home before 9:30am from Rome. I understand her flight was changed. You might want to call Carnival and see what they say and the airline to see if there is a slightly later flight.

You might want to repost on the "Europe- Med" link on CC. Many discussions on this over there.

My gut call is this plan is unworkable, as they won't let you off the ship before 7 earliest. Carnival says no flights before 11. The airport is about 45 minutes away. Even if you attempt it, I would use private hire transportation.

Good Luck, but you may want to rebook this flight.

On our return, people were getting off by 6:00 and made early flights. Not sure just how early. If all goes according to plan, they are pullint back into port about 3:30am. Of course, they have lots to do before passengers can disembark. Whatever you do, you will need to arrange private transportation or you would never make it.

I'm guessing she is flying from Da Vinci to another airport where she will connect to a flight to the USA. It may be possible to make such a flight but a direct flight to the USA requires a second security check. I doubt such a flight could be done under these circumstances.

We will be on the Splendor, that arrives in port on Oct 28 and she will disembark on Oct 29. I'm guessing that we will go through customs on the 28 so I didn't know if she could get that early flight home on the 29. She has a direct flight to Atlanta and then changes planes but we have not been able to find any other Delta flights later in the day.

Where is she flying to? Have you looked at connections through JFK or other airports instead of Atlanta?

For an international flight she has to be checked in no later than 1 hour before the flight if she is checking in bags assuming she is flying Delta, which means for an 8:30 flight she'd have to be at the airport no later than 7:29 (actually earlier since it takes time to get checked in). Since FCO is at least an hour from the port she'd have to be off the ship and on her way no later than 6:30am. I would NOT risk this with an international flight.

Last year we did the Grand Med. cruise and our flight home was 10:50, leaving the ship by 7am. We were the 3rd group to leave, the first at 6am for 9am flights. Carnvial does not recommend any flights leaving earlier than 9am or 9:30am? Not sure which it is but no earlier. My assumption would be that she will not be able to get transportation via Carnival but absolutley if she arranged her own. Is she doing the Grand Med. or the Greek Isles? Reason for asking is that the Greek Isles cruise docks back to Civitavecchia an entire day before disembarking (last port day is at Rome) so if she is on this itinerary that would be a plus. As someone else suggested, put this thread onto the Eastern/Western Med. Ports Of Call link and see what other European cruisers say?! :)

Archived