Starfish at Bannister Island?

kcparrothead

On my only trip to Bannister I did not see any, That does not mean there were not any. There are lots of starfish around Caye Caulker and San Pedro. So I am sure you have a good chanch at see some if you look.

here are some from Caye Caulker.

2197212020100107089RGRfpT_ph.jpg

I've read a few reviews that stated they saw starfish at Bannister. Did you see them at the swimming area or somewhere else on the Island? I've never seen a live one, so this would be a treat! (and a photo-opp!)[/quote

Ive seen them in numerous small rocky areas in PV where the tide comes and goes and the water motion is not too harsh. They have all been dark browny grey in color, not particularily that pretty. Size wise, I've seen them as small as a silver dollar and as big a the lid of juice can lid.

I like them better when they are dried out but then there too brittle to handle and the arms break off.

I've read a few reviews that stated they saw starfish at Bannister. Did you see them at the swimming area or somewhere else on the Island? I've never seen a live one, so this would be a treat! (and a photo-opp!)[/quote

Ive seen them in numerous small rocky areas in PV where the tide comes and goes and the water motion is not too harsh. They have all been dark browny grey in color, not particularily that pretty. Size wise, I've seen them as small as a silver dollar and as big a the lid of juice can lid.

I like them better when they are dried out but then there too brittle to handle and the arms break off.

Sorry i was replying as if I was on the Mexican board, PV is Puerto Vallarta

Archived