past guest party??

scovarrubias22

........I do think I have a right to bring my significant other as my guest, plain and simple. .

Sorry to disagree, but I don't think you have a 'right' to bring him. Just go to a bar and enjoy a drink w/him instead. The parties are 'way too crowded when even ONE uninvited guest come w/others.

I just looked at all my past guest invitations 6 to be exact and all say may bring a guest.

DW and I both have same so it does not bother us either way.

Funny I (and everyone else) have always handed the invitation in at the door. :confused:

Jeez, guys, it was just a simple question, and hardly a stupid one. If I travel with a Senior, the whole cabin gets discounted. SIGNIFICANTLY. Is it THAT inconceivable that they'd allow a PG to bring a guest to have a few drinks?

OK, I haven't weighed in on this debate until now, but I thought I would add my two cents. My boyfriend (who has never cruised before) and I are cruising this fall. I would not attend this party if he was not allowed to accompany me. I think its just common sense for Carnival to extend an invitation to A past guests spouse or significant other. I'm sorry but this is a special cruise for us as it is our anniversary and I really don't feel like leaving him sitting off by himself while I disappear to some party. Yes I would like to go, as I have only been on 4 day sailings on Carnival so this will be my first past guest party, and I do think I have a right to bring my significant other as my guest, plain and simple. Now bringing a whole group that is not right.

There is a manners protocol for certain BUSINESS parties. Stating that it is proper to only invite particular members or customers. Not all agree with the idea, believing that any such party is a social, not business event. So agree or not, Carnival, or any business, is not being rude by only inviting their ACTUAL past guests.

If you do not agree that they are on proper manners ground, your PROPER course of action is to refuse to attend the party.

If you think they are being rude by excluding your SO, you cannot correct their supposed rudeness by engaging in the even more rude conduct of ASKING that your SO be allowed to attend. They WILL NOT trump your rudeness by saying no. So you will win the, "Who's the rudest game."

This is all a question of manners, there are no "RIGHTS" involved here.

The invitations are addressed to the past guest only. They DO NOT say "and guest." Does your SO WANT to attend any party, anywhere, when he was specifically NOT invited. And why would you even consider attending with or without your SO?

NEXT cruise, you both may attend without giving it a thought.

Dan

your right, Sorry photos of them and pins .

Why do they not have past guest party for cruise to nowhere?

Like I said earlier I was mistaken, I do have a inventation here from dw she was sick and did not attend. I am posting pic. above where I scratched out name it says " Please present your invitation at door."

2190126690103880521qkccdJ_th.jpgboards.cruisecritic.com

I guess I will be going to my first past guest reception on our next cruise. We will be traveling with three first time cruisers. It did not ocurr to me to invite them or take them along. As a matter of fact I was kind of hoping my DW chose to stay with them. Free booze, nobody there to tell me I'm drinking too fast or too much, that's a win-win for me. Oh yea and maybe a chance to meet some fine folks as well. (Caveat-I love my wife dearly.)

There is a manners protocol for certain BUSINESS parties. Stating that it is proper to only invite particular members or customers. Not all agree with the idea, believing that any such party is a social, not business event. So agree or not, Carnival, or any business, is not being rude by only inviting their ACTUAL past guests.

If you do not agree that they are on proper manners ground, your PROPER course of action is to refuse to attend the party.

If you think they are being rude by excluding your SO, you cannot correct their supposed rudeness by engaging in the even more rude conduct of ASKING that your SO be allowed to attend. They WILL NOT trump your rudeness by saying no. So you will win the, "Who's the rudest game."

This is all a question of manners, there are no "RIGHTS" involved here.

The invitations are addressed to the past guest only. They DO NOT say "and guest." Does your SO WANT to attend any party, anywhere, when he was specifically NOT invited. And why would you even consider attending with or without your SO?

NEXT cruise, you both may attend without giving it a thought.

Dan

Many believe they are "entitled" to perks that they are not. Yes, if you are rude enough to ask they will "let" you bring a uninvited guest. Carnival will "let" you do several things that should not happen. They will "let" you save seats on the lido deck and shows. They will "let" you go through VIP if you have "friends" who are entitled to this perk even if you are not. They probably will "let" you go through VIP even if you don't know any one who is entitled to this perk. They will "let" you wear inappropriate clothes to the dining room.

We have become a society that believe "we" are entitled to things that we really should not get. Go to any of the "hot topic" thread and see what people have to say. Ask yourself, am I invited? If not it is not proper for you to go against the hosts invitation and bring non-invited guests. I have never received a invitation for this event that said "and guest". We have received invitations with our names only on them.

I think if you are not a past guest you should not be allowed in the past guest party. They are very crowded to begin with. I have sailed on 4 carnival ships and it just makes me mad when people show up with 1 invitation and are trying to get in the whole family. I who have earned the right to be in there cannot find anywhere to sit or has a hard time getting a drink because many of you dont belong in there. It is a perk for past guests. You will get your turn on your next cruise. I had to wait my turn. Some people think they dont have to follow the rules.......:mad: Sorry but that is just my opinion!!!

I'm just back from the Glory, and I would hate to think that anyone brought a single uninvited guest to the Past Guest party. Ours was a formal event like the Captain's Cocktail Party, since it was held just before dinner on our second formal night. There were two parties, one for each dinner seating, and it was held in the smallish Ebony Cabaret.

We got into a conversation with the Chief Purser on the way in (he was standing with the Cruise Director greeting guests), so actually entered about ten minutes late, and we had serious trouble finding a place to sit. Dad's disabled, so if he had to stand because an uninvited guest had taken his seat, I would have been very unhappy.

Like others have said, the parties are extremely crowded already with invitees. Bringing extra people simply isn't right, or fair to those who have earned the right to participate.

Archived