Ship Time - Port Time

Diva2008

Hi All. The search forum is temp. down and I know I have seen this thread somewhere but can't seem to find it. I am trying to plan my trip excurisions. Is there a site that can tell me ship time converted to port time?

Here is my iteniary..

14-OctCabo San Lucas, Mexico 10:30 AM 6:00 PM Tendered

15-OctMazatlan, Mexico 8:00 AM 5:30 PM Docked

16-OctPuerto Vallarta, Mexico 8:00 AM 8:00 PM Docked

Thanks for your help.

Hi All. The search forum is temp. down and I know I have seen this thread somewhere but can't seem to find it. I am trying to plan my trip excurisions. Is there a site that can tell me ship time converted to port time?

Here is my iteniary..

14-OctCabo San Lucas, Mexico 10:30 AM 6:00 PM Tendered

15-OctMazatlan, Mexico 8:00 AM 5:30 PM Docked

16-OctPuerto Vallarta, Mexico 8:00 AM 8:00 PM Docked

Thanks for your help.

Typically, the published itinerary arrival time and departure time is in local time for the port. This has been my experience watching ships come and go in Vallarta over the years.

Typically:

The ship leaves CA on Pacific time and jumps to Mountain time the night before you reach Cabo. Ship's time should match local time in Cabo & Mazatlan because they are both in the Mountain time zone.

Puerto Vallarta is in the Central time zone and most ships leave the ship's clocks on Mountain time. This makes ship's time one hour behind local time (ie: your boat should arrive in Vallarta at roughly 8 AM but the ship's clocks will read 7 AM.)

You should know that some people report that NCL changes ship's time to match local time in every port. That thread is someplace just below this one (one or two pages).

Additionally, the clocks in Mexico and the US will not match during the last week of October. Mexico goes off Daylight Savings Time the last Sunday in October while the US will not do this until the first Sunday in November.

Enjoy!

Archived