Price Drop

I just looked on Royal Caribbeans website and saw that the room I booked had dropped $64.00. I called and was told that was just for a guarantee and could change my room number and separate me any my cousin who are cruising together. Instead they gave me $50.00. My question is they said all they could do was credit my credit card and not do onboard credit. I know on my last cruise with Carnival they gave onboard credit. I know its the same thing but I'd have preferred OBC. I read where some on here get OBC, how else can u get it other than with a price drop.

OBC is the way Carnival does it RCCL gives you a credit. If you want buy yourself gift certificates to use on board but make sure you read the directions carefully because they have to be submitted ahead of time. You can also get the RCCL VISA card I just applied 500$ obc to my cruise.

I know its my money either way just seems to be an advance on your onboard account. What i'm really wanting to know is is there other things you can do to get OBC.

1. Some (not all) travel agents give OBC for your booking.

2. If you own 100 shares of RCL stock, you will get generous OBC.

3. As mentioned above, you can earn OBC by using RCL credit cards.

4. You get OBC if you book a new cruise while on your present cruise.

This is one reason I love RCCL so much. There are so many ways to lower the price of your cruise through OBC and taking advantage of price drops.

Archived