Jade Review - Longish but good for newbies to NCL

kdee69

Kdee69

was looking for a way to contact you about your review in the review section, but found you here. THANKS for balancing it out@! I was getting concerned about all the negative reviews, but I really do not understand the complaints that most people have.

Anyway thanks for your honest review

no problems - glad to have not put you off for life :D

remember though, all reviews are so subjective.

I think the big thing for me is that at home, I work full time in a very demanding job and then go home to do the same thing with three expectant children :)

I am certainly not Queen in my own home when I live there so don't expect to be floating aboard some palace when I sail. I appreciate hugely the hard work that the staff put into caring for me whilst on board and the not having to lift a finger to cook, clean and make my bed.

That's enough for me...oh and the seeing different countries, lovely wine, nice weather...etc etc :D

Actually kdee, I was looking at the Freestyle Daily's kindly posted by another CC member. Can you tell me if there are any shows you would reccommend seeing and which you think are not so worthwhile attending? We are cruising with our 2 daughters aged 12 and 15.

Thanks, Aussiecruzer.

Actually kdee, I was looking at the Freestyle Daily's kindly posted by another CC member. Can you tell me if there are any shows you would reccommend seeing and which you think are not so worthwhile attending? We are cruising with our 2 daughters aged 12 and 15.

Thanks, Aussiecruzer.

Hi aussiecruzer

I won't recommend any shows (although I thought they were all good) because the group of performers that we enjoyed were going on vacation as we left the ship, and I don't know if the shows will be the same with the new performers.

Derek

Hi aussiecruzer

I won't recommend any shows (although I thought they were all good) because the group of performers that we enjoyed were going on vacation as we left the ship, and I don't know if the shows will be the same with the new performers.

Derek

As Derek said. They actually gave an impromptu concert in the piano bar after their last show which was good.

If the magician is on, he was quite good. Also ,I liked the bit at the end of the cruise that the staff all parade to. It's nice to see them and show your support and thanks

We were unaware of the Kids Club consellors weren't included in the tip pool until it appeared in the Freestyle Daily. We went to reception to ask for couple of envelopes and the receptionist told us that it wasn't necessary to tip them, we did but I doubt that the counsellors will be pleased to hear that reception could well be talking people out of tipping.

The kids Club counselors are salaried employees just like the Cruise Director and Purser people. There salary does not depend on passengers tipping as the Room Stewards and Waiters does. A counselors pay plus room and board is "about as much" as a new public school teacher would make in the US I am told. Not bad.

Archived