Kudos to Silver Lining B&B Seward

csr221

Hi. I had some misfortune last week. About 26 hours before we were to board the plane to start our adventure, a new adventure was on it's way and I was emergently admitted to the hospital. Big fat bummer, the trip got cancelled (until next year--look out!). I wanted to give mention to a few companies on how they responded to our crisis (in order of when we would see them).

1st is The Silver Lining B&B in Seward. They gave us a full 100% refund, even at the last moment. And words of encouragement. We look forward to staying w them in the future and appreciate their understanding. They have a penalty for last minute cancellations but chose to do the right thing and disregard that.

2nd would be Major Marine. They chose to honor their cancellation policy so we lost the full amount of 2 adult tickets. I will not give them my business in the future.

3rd is Damien Warren of Alaska Transportation Group Inc who has chosen to keep our $70 charge for transportation from Anchorage to Whittier.

Lastly is Chillkoot who will keep 20% of the total charge.

Princess called me Tuesday to say they noticed we didn't board on Monday and would we be joining them at a later time. I thought that was a nice touch altho at the moment broke down in tears.

I write this w the understanding that the tourist season is only about 3 months long. I also recognize boundaries need to be set. People will try to rip others off, make reservations at several places and take the best deal. that's why contracts came to be. But, companies also need to maintain compassion and recognize emergencies when they arise. My husband took the time to notify everyone as soon as we knew I was being admitted, it's the best we could do. As much as I'm aware that companies need to make their money, they also need to realize I worked hard and saved for this trip and lost a considerable amount of money as well. For those that chose to do the right thing, you're forever blessed. For those that chose not to, well, what comes around, goes around.

Take care and be well,

Carol

PS: I just previewed this post and saw the ticker attached. Anyway to cancel that?

• Administrators

I hope you have a speedy recovery and feel better soon! Surely your travel insurance will take care of those non-refundable expenses you incurred as a result of your last minute illness? This is its exact purpose, so I'm sure you'll be able to obtain reimbursement from your insurance company.

Archived