****Possible CC group “LIFERS” on Carnival Freedom -JULY 2010***

Pugs

I notice that there are no other groups booked for July 2010. That leaves the door wide open for anything. The Only Carribean cruises booking for July is the Carnival Pride out of Baltimore. It does the HMC route and sails on the 18th. Just a thought.

Good Evening "Lifers"!!!!!!

I know I have been absent again...

I have had a been of an issue with my Thyroid, I found a lump on my neck, My doctor took an ultrasound and seen the lump and sent me to a Thyroid doctor, which I went to today. My blood work shows Thyroid workup is good. So next Wednesday I get what they call a fine needle aspiration and Biopsy....The good news is that the thyorid doctor to me this, " If God came down to earth and told him he was going to give him Cancer and he gets to pick the spot , the doctor said he would pick the Thyroid , because the cure rate is easy and great...So with that being said I feel a little better. Of course I don't want to even think it is cancer, however they have to biopsy it....

So please keep me in your prayers.

Oh my goodness Pugs..............I just read your post (I haven't been on since last week)........hope all goes well with the biopsy, I am sure it will turn out to be absolutely nothing, but we will all keep you in our thoughts and prayers!!;) I went through the same thing 2 years ago........mammogram came back with a spot on it, had a biopsy done and it turned out to be nothing, but we were all on pins and needles waiting for the results so I know excactly what you are going through! I'll be thinking of you on Wednesday!;) Good Luck.

OK " Lifers" ..... Question????? Do we still want to keep waiting for this cruise or do you want me to check on another? Let me know , I am open to what ever you want....

I say....lets wait for the pricing.........we waited this long...we might as well wait alittle longer!! LOL

BUT.......we will go with the flow too...we are easy, we will do whatever! ;)

I say....lets wait for the pricing.........we waited this long...we might as well wait alittle longer!! LOL

My sentiments exactly. I've cruised so little I have no opinions. BubbaQ will want to go where ever I tell him "it'll be FUN!" :D

Good afternoon Lifers! Back from a long weekend for Valentine's at our favorite state park about an hour from here. It was nice chilling out in the cabin for the weekend but it wasn't a cruise! :p

Maybe Carnival will get it together on pricing soon!

Hi Vacruizer! A cabin for Valentine's Day.....how romantic!!:D:D I am sure you enjoyed your weekend!!:D:D We renewed our wedding vows for Valentine's Day....I know that sounds corny, but we do that every year. One of these days...we will do a cabin in the mountains.

Back to work tomorrow!!!!!!!ugh!!!!:rolleyes:

Good morning everyone....It has been a while but I am still alive (Good thing I wasn't holding my breath for pricing)

AND................where have you been David????? It seems like ages since we have seen you and Arlene..... New Years to be exact...too long.....that is not like us!!:D We need to plan something soon. We have been busy and I am sure you have been too.;)

I am open to anything with this group except maybe the one with no sea days from San Juan.

I would love something with 3 or 4 sea days, though. :D

I am starting to wonder if maybe Carnival is going to change the itinerary since it's taking so long and the other stuff is showing available?

I agree. :D

I think something is up with the Freedom, every other ship has prices.

The one out of Baltimore already has a group for July 2010, so they would never give two groups in the same Mo. Lets give it justtttttttt a bit longer.I have Johna looking into other options, I will keep you posted.

I agree. :D

I like sea days also, I never want to do that 5 ports of of San Juan with NO sea days....I did that a few summers ago and it was way toooooo much!!!!!! I needed a vacation when I returned ( for sure) !!!!

Oh my goodness Pugs..............I just read your post (I haven't been on since last week)........hope all goes well with the biopsy, I am sure it will turn out to be absolutely nothing, but we will all keep you in our thoughts and prayers!!;) I went through the same thing 2 years ago........mammogram came back with a spot on it, had a biopsy done and it turned out to be nothing, but we were all on pins and needles waiting for the results so I know excactly what you are going through! I'll be thinking of you on Wednesday!;) Good Luck.

Pins and Needles is putting it mild.... :confused:

I agree, lets wait. There are NO prices out past April for any cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale or Miami. If you go to their web site and search for a Caribbean cruise out of Ft. Laud or Miami it will only show you up til April 2010. I spoke to a friend today who works for Carnival and he told me it may be April or May before pricing comes out.

AND................where have you been David????? It seems like ages since we have seen you and Arlene..... New Years to be exact...too long.....that is not like us!!:D We need to plan something soon. We have been busy and I am sure you have been too.;)

I have been here, there and everywhere. I did get your email re Valentines at city hall but Arlene was out of town so it would not have worked for us. Sorry I have not been in touch but will be before this week is up.

Hi Vacruizer! A cabin for Valentine's Day.....how romantic!! I am sure you enjoyed your weekend!!:D:D We renewed our wedding vows for Valentine's Day....I know that sounds corny, but we do that every year. One of these days...we will do a cabin in the mountains.

Back to work tomorrow!!!!!!!ugh!!!!:rolleyes:

That is so sweet!!! I thought about doing it on the Liberty last summer when we sailed but decided against it.

The cabin was nice - it's the same state park we spent our honeymoon at so we try to go for a weekend every now and then to just relax. I think I like it better when it's warmer - cabin fever was starting to set in a little bit by the end! :eek: We mostly just read, played games, built a fire in the fireplace - not much else to do with it so cold. I really like that stuff but it's also nice in the summer when you can get out and hike, swim, or just sit on the porch. No TV, no phone, and no cell service is nice for a few days, though. :)

I have been here, there and everywhere. I did get your email re Valentines at city hall but Arlene was out of town so it would not have worked for us. Sorry I have not been in touch but will be before this week is up.

No problem!!! Miss you guys!!:D

That is so sweet!!! I thought about doing it on the Liberty last summer when we sailed but decided against it.

The cabin was nice - it's the same state park we spent our honeymoon at so we try to go for a weekend every now and then to just relax. I think I like it better when it's warmer - cabin fever was starting to set in a little bit by the end! :eek: We mostly just read, played games, built a fire in the fireplace - not much else to do with it so cold. I really like that stuff but it's also nice in the summer when you can get out and hike, swim, or just sit on the porch. No TV, no phone, and no cell service is nice for a few days, though. :)

That sounds so relaxing!!!!!! And how many years have you been married?

I think something is up with the Freedom, every other ship has prices.

The one out of Baltimore already has a group for July 2010, so they would never give two groups in the same Mo. Lets give it justtttttttt a bit longer.I have Johna looking into other options, I will keep you posted.

I am all about waiting to see whats up, but I still don't see any groups booked for July 2010, they must have all fizzled out. The only reason I mention the Pride was the only ship with published rates. They don't even have rates for there new flagship the Dream. My guess here is this. Due to the fact we are still in "WAVE" season and still the economic slowdown. I feel like Carnival is trying to push all of there short term sailings to stay on top of the ball and keep all of the cabins full. People normally may would be booking long term hoping for a economic turnaround. People will be thinking if I book this cruise 2 years out and times get hard I can still get a refund but I still had got a good deal. But that really doesn't help Carnival. I think that is where the "Early Saver" rate come from since there is a non-refundable deposit. They still would have $250pp even if they cancel. We may not see rates until wave season is over. I think Carnival is trying to stay on top of there game considering RCL is on the verge of Bankruptcy and there stock is selling for $6.22 a share. Carnivals is around $20 a share. RCL is in very bad shape right now, they have went overboard, no pun intended:D, with there new overgrown ships with all these expensive who ha's. I am no economic genius but the shoe kinda fits. Just my 2 cents.

I am all about waiting to see whats up, but I still don't see any groups booked for July 2010, they must have all fizzled out. The only reason I mention the Pride was the only ship with published rates. They don't even have rates for there new flagship the Dream. My guess here is this. Due to the fact we are still in "WAVE" season and still the economic slowdown. I feel like Carnival is trying to push all of there short term sailings to stay on top of the ball and keep all of the cabins full. People normally may would be booking long term hoping for a economic turnaround. People will be thinking if I book this cruise 2 years out and times get hard I can still get a refund but I still had got a good deal. But that really doesn't help Carnival. I think that is where the "Early Saver" rate come from since there is a non-refundable deposit. They still would have $250pp even if they cancel. We may not see rates until wave season is over. I think Carnival is trying to stay on top of there game considering RCL is on the verge of Bankruptcy and there stock is selling for $6.22 a share. Carnivals is around $20 a share. RCL is in very bad shape right now, they have went overboard, no pun intended:D, with there new overgrown ships with all these expensive who ha's. I am no economic genius but the shoe kinda fits. Just my 2 cents.

Sounds about right to me. I still think there may be some itinerary shuffling to come as they see where the economic conditions go. If things stay bad they will probably try to position more ships where people won't have to fly. Possibly NY, Boston, and I keep hoping for Norfolk. :p

I'm not sure they are doing the right thing with the whole "super saver" rate. So many people are unsure what their financial state will be a year down the road, whether they will still have a job, etc. that they may be unwilling to book at all - they won't want to pay more for the regular rate and they won't want to chance $250pp if they need to cancel. I see what they are trying to do by encouraging early bookings - just hope it doesn't backfire on them. Just my 2 cents as well. :p

Good Morning Lifers!;)

Can't believe I am the first one on here this morning!! I even beat Mr. Ed!!:D:D

Pugs......I just wanted to wish you luck today with your biopsy, I am sure you'll be fine. You are in our thoughts and prayers, we will be thinking of you. Good Luck!

Just over 10 years - our tenth anniversary was actually on the cruise last summer with you guys! :D

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh.....we will be celebrating our 18th anniversary in May.:) We celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary on the Valor and we talked about renewing our vows on board, but never did.

We are looking forward to cruising on the Freedom......we are going to have such a blast!;)

Well I made it, no results for a few days, now I play the waiting game! I am sore can't talk and it just plan hurts!!! I hope and pray it is nothing....

Doctor said not to talk too much , but he didn't say I can't type, so where are my "Lifers" at!!!!!!!:confused:

Archived