****Possible CC group “LIFERS” on Carnival Freedom -JULY 2010***

Pugs

Good Evening Lifers!!!!

How is everyone? It's been awhile since I have posted last......these days have been flying by and I am NOT ready for the holidays.

Kaitlyn had a cheer competition down at the University of Miami last Sunday. Her squad won first place, BUT we thought Kaitlyn broke her ankle!!:eek: At the end of the night, she was wheeled out in a wheelchair. Luckily, she only had a bad sprain. She twisted her ankle during her routine, but kept on going. Her ankle is pretty swollen right now and bruised, but she will survive.......its always something...I was just glad she didn't hurt her back. We still have 2 more competitions, one this Sunday and another one the following Sunday.

Kaitlyn came home from school very excited today. She started basketball cheerleading practice today and the coach pulled her aside to tell her that she made captain of the squad. We were happy for her.;)

Does anyone have any exciting plans for Thanksgiving? We usually spend our Thanksgiving at Disney's campground, but just decided last week, to postpone our Thanksgiving trip until next Thanksgiving. FIL is still not feeling well and he was suppose to go with us this year so I suggested to hubby about postponing it until next year. He agreed. Looks like Thanksgiving dinner will be at my house this year.......any lifers need a place to go for Thanksgiving dinner....come on over!!! I always say, the more, the merrier.:D

Ed and Rita.......welcome back from your cruise...you were missed, but I am sure you had an awesome time.

1tuckersmom....how is the Christmas shopping coming along? I have only 2 gifts so far and its for Kaitlyn. Of course, she only wants expensive stuff. I wish she was still into Barbies!!!!:rolleyes: I am a non coffee drinker too, but can't do diet coke.....it MUST be regular coke!! The only time I have diet coke, its with rum and at Dafell's house!:D I am sorry to hear about your cruise ...that stinks! Well, you can always still come to Fort Lauderdale anyway so you don't loose any money on your hotel rooms or loose your miles for your flights. We have some beautiful beaches down here.

Vacruizer.....sorry to hear that your cat kept you from sleeping in on your day off. I know exactly how you are feeling. I have a 75lb lab that does not let me sleep in. He wants to play 24/7!!!!! He drives me bananas, but he is so darn cute.....I can't stay mad at him.

Pugs.....hope you are feeling better...the flu is no fun!:(

Reammi.....where are you? Its been ages since you have posted...hope all is well. I am sure you are busy with the girls and cheerleading.

Okay.....I need to ask your opinions...Kaitlyn thinks we are the worst parents right now because she was invited to her friends sweet 16 party at a Fort Lauderdale night club, some concert there and we won't let her go. No adult supervision and this is an "all ages" welcome nightclub. And...its not in the nicest area of town. We explained to her that we feel this isn't the best place for 15/16 years olds to hang out. Besides Kaitlyn looks older than she really is and we don't need 25 year olds trying to hit on her. She asked hubby this morning, "Why do you have to be such loving parents!!" It was funny. She was trying to be all sweet and nice to him hoping he will change his mind and he told her the answer is still no. Of course, I feel bad because some of her friends are going, but I am sure some of these girls parents don't even know about this nightclub. Kaitlyn thinks we are being too over-protected!! Sorry....but, I just needed to vent to my lifer friends.

I know I posted a lot, but as some of you already know.....I LOVE to talk and I haven't posted in awhile!!!

Kaitlyn, better take care of that ankle!!!!

Kaitlyn came home from school very excited today. She started basketball cheerleading practice today and the coach pulled her aside to tell her that she made captain of the squad. We were happy for her.;)

Great job!!!!!!:)

Good Evening Lifers!!!!

How is everyone? It's been awhile since I have posted last......these days have been flying by and I am NOT ready for the holidays.

Kaitlyn had a cheer competition down at the University of Miami last Sunday. Her squad won first place, BUT we thought Kaitlyn broke her ankle!!:eek: At the end of the night, she was wheeled out in a wheelchair. Luckily, she only had a bad sprain. She twisted her ankle during her routine, but kept on going. Her ankle is pretty swollen right now and bruised, but she will survive.......its always something...I was just glad she didn't hurt her back. We still have 2 more competitions, one this Sunday and another one the following Sunday.

Does anyone have any exciting plans for Thanksgiving? We usually spend our Thanksgiving at Disney's campground, but just decided last week, to postpone our Thanksgiving trip until next Thanksgiving. FIL is still not feeling well and he was suppose to go with us this year so I suggested to hubby about postponing it until next year. He agreed. Looks like Thanksgiving dinner will be at my house this year.......any lifers need a place to go for Thanksgiving dinner....come on over!!! I always say, the more, the merrier.:D

Ed and Rita.......welcome back from your cruise...you were missed, but I am sure you had an awesome time.

1tuckersmom....how is the Christmas shopping coming along? I have only 2 gifts so far and its for Kaitlyn. Of course, she only wants expensive stuff. I wish she was still into Barbies!!!!:rolleyes: I am a non coffee drinker too, but can't do diet coke.....it MUST be regular coke!! The only time I have diet coke, its with rum and at Dafell's house!:D I am sorry to hear about your cruise ...that stinks! Well, you can always still come to Fort Lauderdale anyway so you don't loose any money on your hotel rooms or loose your miles for your flights. We have some beautiful beaches down here.

Vacruizer.....sorry to hear that your cat kept you from sleeping in on your day off. I know exactly how you are feeling. I have a 75lb lab that does not let me sleep in. He wants to play 24/7!!!!! He drives me bananas, but he is so darn cute.....I can't stay mad at him.

Pugs.....hope you are feeling better...the flu is no fun!:(

Reammi.....where are you? Its been ages since you have posted...hope all is well. I am sure you are busy with the girls and cheerleading.

Okay.....I need to ask your opinions...Kaitlyn thinks we are the worst parents right now because she was invited to her friends sweet 16 party at a Fort Lauderdale night club, some concert there and we won't let her go. No adult supervision and this is an "all ages" welcome nightclub. And...its not in the nicest area of town. We explained to her that we feel this isn't the best place for 15/16 years olds to hang out. Besides Kaitlyn looks older than she really is and we don't need 25 year olds trying to hit on her. She asked hubby this morning, "Why do you have to be such loving parents!!" It was funny. She was trying to be all sweet and nice to him hoping he will change his mind and he told her the answer is still no. Of course, I feel bad because some of her friends are going, but I am sure some of these girls parents don't even know about this nightclub. Kaitlyn thinks we are being too over-protected!! Sorry....but, I just needed to vent to my lifer friends.

I know I posted a lot, but as some of you already know.....I LOVE to talk and I haven't posted in awhile!!!

I don't like the nightclub thing, John would not be going, no way, I know our kids are good, however there is no way of telling how many things could happen, we have to keep our eye on our babies....

Ed coffee was great, glad to have you back....

I am a little upset we don't have pricing, Carnival needs to get it together!!!!!!

Did anyone whtch the CMA last night, I loved it, however I was up way tooooooo late!!!!!!!

I think the flu went bye bye , I hope!!!!!

Jan. 3rd is only a short time away and you can drive to Pt.Canaveral easy! :p

I'm not having much success convincing anyone to join us - I'm afraid we'll get onboard and while I know we'll have a great time, it just won't be the same without all the Lifers!

I sure wish I could, School goes back on the 5th and I still have John in school.....

Hi everyone - just in from a long weekend in the car. I am glad to be home.

BSQ -hope the fires stay well away from you and all our other West coast Lifers. The smoke is no fun - we had a lot of that over the summer from fires that were in North Carolina. Yuck. It hurts your eyes just to walk outside.

Hi, everyone I hope your day was better then ours here in southern Ca. We had to evacate our home because of the wild fires, the fames were ever so close. After a DC 10 air dropped flame retardent about 300 yards from our house only to see the flames get larger, we decide it was time to leave.

I 'm thankful for the brave men and women who man the fire lines under harch condition. But I can say thank God we are still here and our home was spared. But keep the many families that lost so much in your prayers.

Now I can truily say I need a cruise, like yesterday, and when do we leave? ;)

Dan and Marie

So. Cal

Hi Lifers and everyone else. Just a quick note that we took advantage of Carnivals upgrade sale today. We booked on the Pride out of Baltimore on June 13th 2009. Ports include Half Moon, Grand Turk and Freeport. Upgraded from a basement balcony up to the Verandah deck. Actually we could have gone up one more to the Panorama deck but then the Lido deck would be above our heads. Anyone going to join us?

Hi Lifers and everyone else. Just a quick note that we took advantage of Carnivals upgrade sale today. We booked on the Pride out of Baltimore on June 13th 2009. Ports include Half Moon, Grand Turk and Freeport. Upgraded from a basement balcony up to the Verandah deck. Actually we could have gone up one more to the Panorama deck but then the Lido deck would be above our heads. Anyone going to join us?

Gary, got too see you around. Thats some great deal on the Pride. It looks like we are gonna do it next year on July 24th. Just a 4 or 5 hour drive. I hope it stays forever.:D

Good Morning Everyone -- having my coffee, too!

We are also looking at the Pride out of Baltimore for next summer. June is a little early for us, but sometime in July would be just perfect!!!! I'm ready!

We would prefer July as well but the price increased by about $500.00. With the economy the way it is that $500.00 could have made things a bit tighter then we would like come summer. The other upside to June is less Hurricane concern.

Wish I could go on the Pride with all you guys! It's only about a 4 1/2 to 5 hour drive for us but the only time it looked like we could cruise was January due to work schedules so we opted for the Glory since that's the closest port doing a 7 day in January. That will be 11 hours drive or so - airfare is just too expensive right now! I'm not a good road trip person - hoping I won't regret doing the drive. But there's a cruise at the end of it so it will all be worth it. :D

Archived