****Possible CC group “LIFERS” on Carnival Freedom -JULY 2010***

Pugs

Congrats on having a big cup, Gary but how 'bout some coffee?????:o

you two bonded waaaay to much on our cruise. :rolleyes:

I need to skip the coffee this morning and move straight on to a DOD.

OK -- where is everybody today? No coffee Ed??? BSQ -- you still on the Lido????

I've been dealing with contractors (plumbing) today since 9:00 this morning! :eek: I think it's all done. They just left about 30 minutes ago.

So I get this call today about the 1 day sale at Carnival and the provided me with an offer I couldn't refuse. We will be leaving on the Pride on July 10 and we are getting an aft cabin. Never had one of those before. Now I have something to look forward to!!!!:D:D

So I get this call today about the 1 day sale at Carnival and the provided me with an offer I couldn't refuse. We will be leaving on the Pride on July 10 and we are getting an aft cabin. Never had one of those before. Now I have something to look forward to!!!!:D:D

Rita has proclaimed the only way she will cruise anymore is in an aft balcony. She loves the view and the sounds unique to the stern of the ship. Of course the extra room on the balcony doesn't hurt, I'm sure.

Good morning Lifers. :D

Glad to see you here vacruiser!;) Is it cold down there? I'm freezing up here!:eek: I need Lido deck, sun, surf, . . .

Freezing!!! Snow showers on and off today - we had a little dusting Monday night as well. Wind chill is at 15 right now with temps around 25. I was dreaming about our January cruise earlier this week. We are going to spend the first night in St. Augustine pre-cruise so I looked up their weather and they were under freeze warnings!!! I hope Florida gets warmer between now and then - I'm headed south to escape this stuff! :p

Freezing!!! Snow showers on and off today - we had a little dusting Monday night as well. Wind chill is at 15 right now with temps around 25. I was dreaming about our January cruise earlier this week. We are going to spend the first night in St. Augustine pre-cruise so I looked up their weather and they were under freeze warnings!!! I hope Florida gets warmer between now and then - I'm headed south to escape this stuff! :p

We had the snow showers on and off today, too. We went to the store a little while ago, and it was really cold -- I was afraid to find out what the wind chill was. I'm really glad I had my heavy winter coat and gloves with me!

Wish I had a cruise for January -- I just have a couple of nights in Williamsburg coming up. I love St. Augustine! I was down there about a year ago for a long weekend with 2 of my friends. One just bought a home down there so when they get back from the Mediterrean in about 2 years they will live there permanently. It's a nice walk from her house to the old part of downtown. Her husband has family that lives in the old part. Have you tried the fried shrimp down there? It's to die for! Yummy! Best fried shrimp I've ever eaten!!!

We had the snow showers on and off today, too. We went to the store a little while ago, and it was really cold -- I was afraid to find out what the wind chill was. I'm really glad I had my heavy winter coat and gloves with me!

Wish I had a cruise for January -- I just have a couple of nights in Williamsburg coming up. I love St. Augustine! I was down there about a year ago for a long weekend with 2 of my friends. One just bought a home down there so when they get back from the Mediterrean in about 2 years they will live there permanently. It's a nice walk from her house to the old part of downtown. Her husband has family that lives in the old part. Have you tried the fried shrimp down there? It's to die for! Yummy! Best fried shrimp I've ever eaten!!!

Yum! I will definitely have to try the shrimp. Mike wants to tour the fort in St. Augustine as well as the one about 15 miles south. They are both national park sites and we have the little "passport" book for the national parks where you get a stamp at each one so that's the plan for day 2 and then on to Port Canaveral!

I wasn't expecting to do a cruise at all next year so I'm really happy to be going. Wanted to do the Pride since the drive is so much shorter but just couldn't work out the dates with vacation times. It will be our first winter cruise so we'll see if it's any different from summer or fall. I think it will be odd to be somewhere warm in January.

Williamsburg is a great spot. I never think about vacationing there since I grew up in the area and every school field trip as a kid was to there or Jamestown. Plus i spent my college summers working at Busch Gardens. Great job for a college kid. I always have to hit the outlets when I'm down that way, too.

Evening Lifers! another week put to rest. It's a crazy time of year for us retailers ... my Magic 8-Ball has been hard at work helping me to forecast business. (shhhh don't tell anyway, they think I do lots of mathematical calculations and stuff) :D

I decided that this weekend I need to do some vacation research! Need to decide if I want do a Mexican Riviera cruise when the Splendor gets here or take advantage of the cheap flights to Hawai'i and see the Volcanoes. Goodness I wish I had more vacation time to do both!!

Hmmm, the fog horns are already going off here. Guess I'm not getting any sleep tonight. Might as well get the coffee brewing early. :rolleyes:

Evening Lifers! another week put to rest. It's a crazy time of year for us retailers ... my Magic 8-Ball has been hard at work helping me to forecast business. (shhhh don't tell anyway, they think I do lots of mathematical calculations and stuff) :D

I decided that this weekend I need to do some vacation research! Need to decide if I want do a Mexican Riviera cruise when the Splendor gets here or take advantage of the cheap flights to Hawai'i and see the Volcanoes. Goodness I wish I had more vacation time to do both!!

Hmmm, the fog horns are already going off here. Guess I'm not getting any sleep tonight. Might as well get the coffee brewing early. :rolleyes:

You have such tough decisions to make!!! :p

I was just looking at some pictures of the Splendor and she looks beautiful. Of course since I've never been to Hawaii, I might have to opt for that. But it's hard to turn down any old chance to cruise.

Hope the 8 ball's predictions are good. Need to get everyone out of this scared feeling and spending again to fix things!

Good Morning Everyone! Having my coffee! Getting ready to run some errands! It is crazy cold here but the temperature is rising so I guess we are having a heat wave. It started at 27 when I got up 1-1/2 hours ago and now it is 28! It's supposed to go up to 38, but we shall see! It also looks a little windy out there!

vacruiser -- Andrew and I did a winter cruise on the Destiny several years ago -- out of San Juan. The weather was HOT and it was like being there in the summer! We did Carnival air on that one (it was cheaper at the time) and we flew from BWI to Philly where there was ALOT of snow (both on the ground and falling) and we had to go outside in it to go to a mobile unit to take us to our other gate. What a mess! There was a lot of construction going on at that airport. But it was wonderful leaving that and going to the sun and fun in January!!!! You will love doing it in the winter!

BSQ -- vacruiser is right -- you really do have some tough decisions!!!:D

Hello fellow Cruisers, we are the Cruising bears: Joe Cool aka: “The Cruising Bear" and J. Dean "The Traveling Bear” here, and we are looking for a ride on your cruise. We call Fort Rucker, Alabama, the Home of Army Aviation Home, but we love to cruise. Our goal is to travel from Carnival ship to Carnival Ship, hitching a ride with a friend on every ship in the fleet and to travel to every port that Carnival visits. We are about 11 inches tall and weight about 10 ounces each. Joe Cool just got back from the Saint and Sinners Cruise and will leave at the end of the month on the Pride with the Sun Lake Drama Club. We love to cruise and are am looking for a ride and plan to track our travels on the http://home.centurytel.net/cruiser/ We are currently looking for a ride somewhere, anywhere.

We travel with my own Carnival passport, a travel journal, a jump drive to store pictures and postcards of places where we’ve visited, and a card with a web site address tracking our travels.

If you want to take one of us along just drop a line to: joe_cool@centurytel.net and we will be on my way to your house with passport in paw. If you would like to give me a souvenir of my visit, please feel free. Also add any pictures, especially of me in front of site or event. When I travel to Panama I have already requested my picture be taken in front of the Gutan Locks.

Do you want to take Joe Cool or J. Dean on your next Carnival cruise? Schedule a visit by visiting http://home.centurytel.net/cruiser

Good Morning Everyone! Having my coffee! Getting ready to run some errands! It is crazy cold here but the temperature is rising so I guess we are having a heat wave. It started at 27 when I got up 1-1/2 hours ago and now it is 28! It's supposed to go up to 38, but we shall see! It also looks a little windy out there!

vacruiser -- Andrew and I did a winter cruise on the Destiny several years ago -- out of San Juan. The weather was HOT and it was like being there in the summer! We did Carnival air on that one (it was cheaper at the time) and we flew from BWI to Philly where there was ALOT of snow (both on the ground and falling) and we had to go outside in it to go to a mobile unit to take us to our other gate. What a mess! There was a lot of construction going on at that airport. But it was wonderful leaving that and going to the sun and fun in January!!!! You will love doing it in the winter!

BSQ -- vacruiser is right -- you really do have some tough decisions!!!:D

We are driving this time so no worries about airports but it better not snow anywhere around here on Jan. 1st!!! I need to get south first!:p

Hi again! I am so excited that I just had to share! I just paid $1.98 a gallon for premium gas! WOW!!!!:D

It's great - i just saw 1.63 at the station up the street from me. :D It's probably been 10 years since i've seen a price like that.

Wow -- $1.63 -- that's fantastic. Can't remember if I told everyone or not that when my sister and I drove to Memphis, we stopped for gas just after we went through Bristol in Tennessee. We paid $5.00 a gallon for regular!:eek: It's about time those prices came down!

Good Morning Everyone! vacruiser -- where do you think everyone else is???:confused:

I wasn't expecting to do a cruise at all next year so I'm really happy to be going. Wanted to do the Pride since the drive is so much shorter but just couldn't work out the dates with vacation times. It will be our first winter cruise so we'll see if it's any different from summer or fall. I think it will be odd to be somewhere warm in January.

Oh believe me, you'll get used to it very quickly:eek: In fact, it will become a habit:rolleyes: Since '05 I've made a point of getting away at least once each winter to a warmer clime.....it's what keeps winter bearable for me;)

It's great - i just saw 1.63 at the station up the street from me. :D It's probably been 10 years since i've seen a price like that.

LOL - with my Safeway power pump discount, got gas for $1.59/gal last week:D

Oh believe me, you'll get used to it very quickly:eek: In fact, it will become a habit:rolleyes: Since '05 I've made a point of getting away at least once each winter to a warmer clime.....it's what keeps winter bearable for me;)

LOL - with my Safeway power pump discount, got gas for $1.59/gal last week:D

I just filled up today and did the same thing with my Kroger card - $1.39

a gallon. :D I never thought we'd see them this low again!

I'm getting worried about Pugs - it's not like her not to check in for so long.

Hello Lifers, well the flu put me in the hospital for 5 days, no fun at all....

I felt better and then I was weak and started runing a temp of 103and could not even hold down water, then off to the hospital hubby took me....

I am alllllllllllllllll better now....Just in time for turkey day....

I will e-mail Johna and Laura tomorrow to see what is up with our pricing....

Now let me do some reading, oh yea they took the brace off my finger and hand at the hospital..... Now I can type again....

Archived