Current Alaska Temperature???

Sumy

Hello all. My husband and I live in Miami (which equals no winter) and don't have a lot of winter stuff. We leave to Alaska for our cruise in one week and I was wondering if anyone who just came back or lives there could tell me how the temperature is. During our last vacation I depended on the "online weather prediction" and ended up packing the wrong clothes. Needless to say I don't want to make the same mistake twice. I had planned to work on this about a week ago but i guess "fortunately" my appendix decided it wanted out...so I've been limited in activity :( but at least it didn't happen on the ship :) ...please help I haven't fully recovered and I really want to be much better for our trip.

Hi,

I got back on Wednesday and let me be the first to tell you that it was cold! It was raining almost all the time and that just made it colder. But to answer your question it was about mid 50's in the inside passage and about 60-65 in Anchorage.

I found myself wearing a sweatshirt underneath with my water-proof jacket on-top.

We did the cruisetour with princess and the weather was a damp rainy. The sun did peak in Juneau and Ketchikan but i wore a cloth rain jacket and had a hooded sweatshirt too. The shops are now selling real nice reversible jackets at 19.95. deon't get at the lodge but wait till you hit your first port. The are a steal and made very well. They will sove your carrying too many layers.

You will love it and hopefully you won't get Hector and Noel for waiters(table 163):eek:

Pixey on the coral Princess

Archived