PG packing questions for women

CruiserPK

I have read alot online about packing for Tahiti. In fact, one kind man (JimB) sent a wonderful packing list and assorted other information that has been extremely helpful. However, here is my question..... would Lilly Pulitzer capris and skirts be appropriate for evening dining? I do not own or wear sundresses which have been suggested in numerous places. Will I be out of place in my Lilly?

Thanks for all responses.

Cheers, Pam

It is country club casual so I think your Lilly Pulitzer clothing would fit in just fine for dinner. As long as you are not wearing track pants, shorts or denim then most anything else is acceptable on the PG. Also, Lilly has some wonderful tropical prints that would fit right in as well in French Polynesia. They do sell some lovely sundresses so if you like this brand then maybe you could invest in one or two but even if you take just the skirts and capris, you will do just fine. It really is a casual cruise and Lilly clothing is not ultra casual or sloppy looking.

Pat

I don't own or wear sundresses either. I've worn traveler's cropped pants from Chicos with some of their print t's and done just fine at dinner. As stated, as long as you are not wearing shorts or jeans, you are fine. Don't pack alot, REALLY!!

You know it does not matter what you wear, we had people dressed to the hilt, and we had people dressed in sweat jackets, (cause it was cold in the dinning room). They all treat you well and you will make a ton of friends. Dont worry, take what you are comfortable in and have fun!! I wore capris and dresses. I was probably overdressed in dresses and quite comfy in capris!!! Good luck and have fun!

Thanks for all the replies. Even in the Caribbean, Lilly clothing did not seem appropriate in the evening on Regent. I assumed French Polynesia was different! I don't really like dresses- so my capris and skirts are ready to be packed.

Cheers, Pam

Archived