If you have a moment...

pierces

Hello folks!

Just asking for a quick opinon. I just finished revamping my PPTPhoto.com site and wanted some opinions on the presentation and content. If you have a moment, please take a look at http://www.pptphoto.com/ . Browse the new galleries (large cruise presence there!) and let me know what you think of the overall look. Comments and suggestions are welcome!

Thanks!

Dave

Dave,

Very well done!! Your photography is always impressive and this shows it off very nicely. I like it. A lot.

I do have one tiny suggestion. I don't think having the image show up initially as B&W adds much. I found my self wishing they were all in color immediately. Tiny nit for a great site.

BTW, I am curious as to what software you are using.

Larry

I agree Dave. The site is great. I love the photos and the education. It's all good....... My only suggestion is that I wished when I looked at your photos, that I knew the settings you took them all on. Now I realize it's unrealistic for you to put all that info. but I still wished I knew it......lol..... Thanks for all you do.

Dave,

Very well done!! Your photography is always impressive and this shows it off very nicely. I like it. A lot.

I do have one tiny suggestion. I don't think having the image show up initially as B&W adds much. I found my self wishing they were all in color immediately. Tiny nit for a great site.

BTW, I am curious as to what software you are using.

Larry

The photo presentation pages are built by Adobe Elements 6, then I embed them in a frame page using Front Page 2003. No control over the presentation pages (until I can hack the Java part), so it's B&W initially for now.

I agree Dave. The site is great. I love the photos and the education. It's all good....... My only suggestion is that I wished when I looked at your photos, that I knew the settings you took them all on. Now I realize it's unrealistic for you to put all that info. but I still wished I knew it......lol..... Thanks for all you do.

I was thinking of adding the settings, but since most of the images were harvested from my processed print files, the EXIF wasn't readily available. Maybe over the next week or two I'll research the originals and add the info.

Great site!

I particularly like the 'framing' around each image - do you have them made up like that IRL?

Tim

I do the framing in Photoshop CS2 or, lately, in Elements 6.0. We mount glossy prints on black/black FoamCore or GatorBoard for hanging gallery-style without frames. The shadowed black faux-frame and the glossy finish makes it look like they are floating under glass. Neat effect!

Thanks for looking!

Dave

Dave, your site is perfection. I even added it to my favorites and hope to check back to see new additions. I like how the photos are black & white and then change to color. I have yet to see all the snapshots, but from what I have seen WOW!!! I like the layout too. As always I must say this your photos are BEAUTIFUL. Thanks for the link and your pictures always make me smile.:D :D

Dave ,the site is beautiful and your images are absolutely stunning. You are obviously multi-talented. I love the way your gallery displays the photos but I wish they loaded a little quicker and I wish I could see the larger images by clicking there,rather than having to go to your feature page.

Archived