8a Cabin directly over lounge on Conquest Class?

patterson3

I was reading PaulMedik's review of an eastern caribbean cruise on the Carnival Freedom and he mentioned that a neighboring cabin (6442) was directly above the lounge and was therefore loud and vibrated constantly. Well, naturally I'm booked in that exact cabin for an upcoming cruise on the Freedom and was wondering if anyone has stayed in this cabin or had similar problems on any other Conquest Class ships? If so, what did you do? Is it really bad enough that it's impossible to sleep?....We initially booked that cabin because of the extra long balcony and now I see that for my cruise there are no more 8A's available....

I was reading PaulMedik's review of an eastern caribbean cruise on the Carnival Freedom and he mentioned that a neighboring cabin (6442) was directly above the lounge and was therefore loud and vibrated constantly. Well, naturally I'm booked in that exact cabin for an upcoming cruise on the Freedom and was wondering if anyone has stayed in this cabin or had similar problems on any other Conquest Class ships? If so, what did you do? Is it really bad enough that it's impossible to sleep?....We initially booked that cabin because of the extra long balcony and now I see that for my cruise there are no more 8A's available....

Yes, you will here the music from the lounge below. At this point, the best thing you can do is either carry along some earplugs, or plan to stay up 'til 1 AM each evening.

Yes, you will here the music from the lounge below. At this point, the best thing you can do is either carry along some earplugs, or plan to stay up 'til 1 AM each evening.

Are you serious?...That's enough to ruin our cruise...My fiance and I are usually asleep by 10:30 or 11:00 and are looking for a somewhat "relaxing" cruise...This sounds awful. I wonder what my options are at this point? I may have to cancel our cruise because if it's as bad as you make it sound I'd rather not be on the ship at all if I have to stay in that cabin.... :mad:

We had those cabins before. We could hear the noise, but it was never bad enough to keep us awake. We usually like to sleep with the balcony door open, and the wake of the ship covered the noise fine. I was a little leary the first night, but it really wasn't a problem. We had three cabins in a row, and the others said the same thing.

We had those cabins before. We could hear the noise, but it was never bad enough to keep us awake. We usually like to sleep with the balcony door open, and the wake of the ship covered the noise fine. I was a little leary the first night, but it really wasn't a problem. We had three cabins in a row, and the others said the same thing.

Great, thank you very much for putting my mind at ease. I'm not a complainer and usually roll with the punches pretty well, but other people made it seem like it would be unbearable so I was getting nervous that this would keep us up extremely late each night and ruin our cruise. We usually sleep with the TV on anyway (volume low), so hopefully that will drown out most of the music anyway....Or maybe we'll fall asleep to the music instead of the TV...

Thanks again.

Great, thank you very much for putting my mind at ease. I'm not a complainer and usually roll with the punches pretty well, but other people made it seem like it would be unbearable so I was getting nervous that this would keep us up extremely late each night and ruin our cruise. We usually sleep with the TV on anyway (volume low), so hopefully that will drown out most of the music anyway....Or maybe we'll fall asleep to the music instead of the TV...

Thanks again.

My only concern now is that you may be predisposed to be hyper sensitive to the noise. (kinda like when someone places a hand on your sunburn)

I would check with your TA or PVP and see if you can get another cabin.

If the sailing is not sold out...it may guarantee the vacation you want.

Archived