Looking for snorkel tour in St. Lucia

Grits53

My family of 4 adults (2 are snorkel newbies) will be visiting St. Lucia in October. Carnival's excursions just don't sound like anything we'd enjoy. Please recommend a reliable snorkel tour operator who will provide us with some good snorkel adventures, possibly combined with lunch and a tour of the island. But the main thing we want to do is snorkel where there is clear water and colorful, interesting marine life. We do not feel comfortable going out on our own. Thanks for your input. :)

Me and my wife went to a beach(was a cove) near Ladera(sp)resort. WOW it was great. Gentle current, great vis and there is a open air restaurant/bar right in the middle that had great food and drinks. I will check on the name,,I'd say it was a 30 min taxi drive from port up some mountain roads and then it got kinda rocky but was way worth it! If I didnt go back to my ship I would not have cared!It was on the south west side and we will go back!

Take a look at divefairhelen.com

We did some SCUBA diving with them, they are wonderful people with nice boats and equipment. I believe they do snorkeling excursions. Have a great time!

~Travelbugs

Dive Fair Helen Takes snorkelers along on scuba trips.

I went with DFH last February:

Feb 12 – St Lucia: Full day snorkel with Dive Fair Helen.

http://www.divefairhelen.com/cruise_ship_special.htm

Boat meets us at ferry dock just across from cruise ship. Bumpy ride to dive shop at Marigot Bay. Ten snorkelers and nine divers board boat and head for Anse Cochon. Excellent marine life. The reef is easily accessed from the Tiki Village beach. Lunch is served on board, then a second stop at Richmond’s Trench. Large coral formations on each side are near the surface. A good day with an excellent operator. A big thumbs up for DFH.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived