NCL free email address for use while onboard

maggie0104

I noticed that extra surprise while reading about eDocs. What's the point of this? If I'm paying for internet I can just as well use my regular email, which my family already knows. Am I missing something?

Not every one is computer savy enough to know how to access their home email from other computers. Even one step further.. Some people may not have a home computer and/or no email at all and this provides a way other than just a phone call for friends and family to get in touch with them while on the ship.

I noticed that extra surprise while reading about eDocs. What's the point of this? If I'm paying for internet I can just as well use my regular email, which my family already knows. Am I missing something?

You missed the extra surprise in addition to the internet time, giving everyone a different email address, I think you get to pay $3.95 extra for every email.

Stick with your current email address.

You missed the extra surprise in addition to the internet time, giving everyone a different email address, I think you get to pay $3.95 extra for every email.

Stick with your current email address.

:eek: wow, definitely sticking to my regular address

thanks for the info, I didn't consider the people without emails when writing this, and I should have

And then there are the folks like me who won't access my emails while on vacation, and so having that email address so somebody can contact ME if it's necessary, will be the only way they can be in touch.

Given how expensive internet access is, I think the $3.95 is a good deal.

I agree. I don't use the internet when I'm cruising but it's nice that there is a way to reach me if something important, but not urgent, comes up. Of course if it was urgent I would want a phone call. :D

Archived