Liberty of the Seas Questions (Eastern Caribbean)

Hello all:

My wife and I are sailing Royal Caribbeans' Liberty of the Seas in less than 3 weeks and we are so excited. This is my first time cruising with Royal Caribbean (2 times w/ Carnival) and my wife has never cruised before. We have a few questions and we hope that experienced RCL cruisers can help us out.

St. Maarten:

When I say that my wife loves the beach, SHE REALLY LOVES THE BEACH!!! Does anyone have any recommendations on the best shore excursions involving the beach. (She is not interested in snorkeling or boating) In Laberdee we rented jet skis and we will be visiting the spanish fort in Puerto Rico. Has anyone been on any shore excursions that you would rave about?

Junior Suite:

To make sure that my wife has a great time on her first cruise, we booked the Junior Suite on the 10th deck. We are right in the middle of the ship. Does anyone have better descriptions of the Junior Suite Rooms since RCCL only has one generic picture of the Junior Suite on their site. I would like more info surrounding the suite including the balcony. Can anyone help here? :confused:

Spa:

We can't find any information regarding the spa on the Liberty of the Seas. Does anyone know if the ship has a steam room, sauna, etc? Usually the massages on a cruise are over priced and who else is better to give a massage than your spouse??:D We are more interested in the use of the sauna/steam room. For example, is there a charge? Is it nice? etc.

Thanks for your help on any information you can provide. Your recommendations will be weighed heavily in our decisions so Thank You in advance for your help!!!

StuckinNJ

What a nice guy you are. It sounds like you want to make sure everything is perfect for your wife's first cruise:)

I'll speak to the St Maarten portion of your trip. We have been about 1/2 dozen times and always hang out at Orient Beach. It is a couple of miles long and absolutely beautiful. There are beach chair rentals everywhere (around $8-$10 each). We usually grab a cab off the ship and head straight to the beach. We forgo the excursions because I really dislike spending time waiting for those last 2 passengers that always seem to oversleep and delay the entire group;) There are always plenty of cabs/vans around when you are ready to leave the beach and head back to the ship. Can't remember the price but it is certainly comparable with what you will end up paying for an excursion. Orient Beach is top optional and the very end of the beach is primarily nude. Just don't want you to be surprised when you see your table mates walking by in the buff!

Have a great cruise; we're on Liberty in December!

What a nice guy you are. It sounds like you want to make sure everything is perfect for your wife's first cruise:)

I'll speak to the St Maarten portion of your trip. We have been about 1/2 dozen times and always hang out at Orient Beach. It is a couple of miles long and absolutely beautiful. There are beach chair rentals everywhere (around $8-$10 each). We usually grab a cab off the ship and head straight to the beach. We forgo the excursions because I really dislike spending time waiting for those last 2 passengers that always seem to oversleep and delay the entire group;) There are always plenty of cabs/vans around when you are ready to leave the beach and head back to the ship. Can't remember the price but it is certainly comparable with what you will end up paying for an excursion. Orient Beach is top optional and the very end of the beach is primarily nude. Just don't want you to be surprised when you see your table mates walking by in the buff!

Have a great cruise; we're on Liberty in December!

Thanks for the compliment and for the heads-up? I have never been a big fan of the crowded excursion thing. Not to say we are anti-social :) but we like our quality time!!

Thanks again

I totally second the Orient Beach info. We hired a local on our first trip to St. Maarten. It was fun. The second time we headed right to the taxi stand and took a taxi van to Orient Beach for $5 pp (in 05). Made plans w/the same driver to come and get us. He was there exactly when we planned for the return. I wish I would have kept his card. He was awesome. Stopped along the way for Kodak moments and provided lots of info about the island. We will certainly look him up in January because right after breakfast, we'll head to Orient Beach for the day.

Cathy

Archived