Cameras allowed at Orient Beach?

PurrSusan

I've read in some travel books that cameras are not allowed at Orient Beach but I've seen photos posted by CC's so, this must not be true. I plan on having mine with me because we will be going on a tour prior to stopping at the beach. Has anybody ever run into a problem with this? Thanks!

Cameras are very much allowed on Orient Beach, however photo taking is not allowed at the clothing optional Club Orient Resort located at the south end of the beach (there is a sign). I understand that the security guards at CO will take action against persons who violate this. All along the beach it would be best to be polite and not snap away at folks who may be working on an all over tan (or mostly all over) - at least not without their okay.

Cameras are permitted on Orient Beach BUT the security guards at Club Orient will most definitely take action if someone tries to take pictures beyond the CO sign. Our friend brought her camera and took lots of pictures on the main part of the beach. When we walked closer to Club Orient, she just put it away - no problems (but I did notice Club Orient security watching us to make sure the camera was out of sight and not being used in their area).

Thanks! I didn't know if they would take your camera (even if you weren't using it) and I would hate to lose pictures I had already taken prior to getting to Orient Beach. I'll be sure to look for the signs although we will probably stay at the main beach area.

Archived