Anybody stayed at the Tower Hotel, Harwich, England?

nerysj

Anybody stayed at the Tower Hotel, Harwich, England, pre or post cruise? Only five minutes away......but not too sure about the Beatles them bar??!! Any comments appreciated.

We are on Connie July 09 to Baltics.

Last year friend and I stayed at The Pier in Harwich which is in the older part of the town and a 5 minute cab ride from terminal. It was very nice and right across the street from the sea. There were interesting places to explore and we enjoyed our 24 hour stay. Harwich is where the Mayflower began her voyage to the new world.

Last year friend and I stayed at The Pier in Harwich which is in the older part of the town and a 5 minute cab ride from terminal. It was very nice and right across the street from the sea. There were interesting places to explore and we enjoyed our 24 hour stay. Harwich is where the Mayflower began her voyage to the new world.

Thanks for your reply. I have also been looking at the Pier hotel. Unfortunatey they will not allow parking. Apparently the Tower hotel do....so that's a saving of £100 approx!!

I know Harwich pretty well, having worked there, met my wife there, lived there for a while - and my in-laws still do.

I have not stayed there but I have eaten there a number of times and had bit of a look around. Personally I wouldn't stay there if the food etc is any indication of the quality of the rest of the establishment. It's friendly enough, but it's faded and gives the impression of rest home. May be unfair but that's the vibe it gives off.

The Pier is definitely the best hotel in the area, but have you asked the Premier Inn if they will offer free or discounted parking. This is a better property, probably cheaper and is nearer to the port.

I know Harwich pretty well, having worked there, met my wife there, lived there for a while - and my in-laws still do.

I have not stayed there but I have eaten there a number of times and had bit of a look around. Personally I wouldn't stay there if the food etc is any indication of the quality of the rest of the establishment. It's friendly enough, but it's faded and gives the impression of rest home. May be unfair but that's the vibe it gives off.

The Pier is definitely the best hotel in the area, but have you asked the Premier Inn if they will offer free or discounted parking. This is a better property, probably cheaper and is nearer to the port.

Oh dear!!

Their website shows quite good rooms...apparently refurbished in the last 2 years?? Would like to stay at the Pier, but as a family of 4 it would be £300 D,B &B!! ...and another £100 parking!! So not an option. So the Premier would be a better choice? will enquire forthwith!!

Thanks for your opinion-much appreciated.:p

Archived