When did you receive your marriage license back from the courthouse?

Are there any bride's out there who already got married on Carnival remember when they received their marriage license from the courthouse? I obtained the license thru Carnival and got married in Miami. I know Carnival and TWE said 4-6 weeks, but I was wondering if that is correct since I have to be added to my husband's insurance before a certain date. Please let me know. Thanking you in advance. :)

We were married on the Carnival Legend in port in New York City in late May. We recieved our court marriage registration in late July. I called several times and they were confused as to howto list the location of the marriage--they finally listed it as Carnival Legend Ship--which was great rather than Pier 88!!

We reported our marriage to our employers and then send them the certficate copy with a copy of the letter and postmark. This was okay with our employers for insurance purposes.

I got married through Princess (at sea) and it took 4 weeks to get my marriage certificate, but it was not a problem with insurance. Our insurance company says that you have to notify them within 30 days of the event. When I called them they said that they take the information and make the changes (they don't need the certificate). The employer can ask for the certificate if they want, but it's not required that they ask for it(and if they did want it they know that you don't necessarily have the documents immediately).

Archived