London to Southampton Transfer, Not by Cunard

Darrell6t

We have set up our own arrangements for a few days in London prior to boarding the QE2 on September 30, 2008. I have been looking into some sort of private transfer since four people are involved and dealing with luggage on the train is really not an option. So far I have not received any answer to my email inquiry to Ray's of London, which I have seen recommended on this forum. The website of Jeeves of Hampshire seems to be undergoing some sort of renovation and I can't even access their information. Does anyone have other possibilities for a company that is reliable and can provide Heathrow to Russell Square and a few days later, Russell Square to Southampton for four adults and their cruise luggage? Thank you.

We have set up our own arrangements for a few days in London prior to boarding the QE2 on September 30, 2008. I have been looking into some sort of private transfer since four people are involved and dealing with luggage on the train is really not an option. So far I have not received any answer to my email inquiry to Ray's of London, which I have seen recommended on this forum. The website of Jeeves of Hampshire seems to be undergoing some sort of renovation and I can't even access their information. Does anyone have other possibilities for a company that is reliable and can provide Heathrow to Russell Square and a few days later, Russell Square to Southampton for four adults and their cruise luggage? Thank you.

I've had very good service for three years now with Woodford Chauffeur Cars, in connectionn with QE2 voyages. I've taken them from Heathrow to Southampton, Central London to Southampton and Southampton to Central London...Beautiful cars, prompt & courteous service - a good choice especially for two or more people WITH LUGGAGE.

http://www.woodfordchauffeurcars.co.uk/

Best wishes !

The last time I made that transfer with family (several years ago) I used one of the London black taxis take us to Southampton. The cars themselves are big and can take plenty of luggage. It was less expensive than the car services. One just asks a cabbie whether he would be interested in doing it and negotiate a price.

I cannot recommend "Smiths For Airports" enough. They took me from London to Southampton for my QE2 trip this past June.

My flights were delayed half a day, so I thought I'd have a problem with Smiths meeting me. I showed up at Heathrow at 10pm instead of 10 that morning. My driver was there, no problem, had a great chat with my driver on the way down.

Highly recommended.

I cannot recommend "Smiths For Airports" enough. They took me from London to Southampton for my QE2 trip this past June.

My flights were delayed half a day, so I thought I'd have a problem with Smiths meeting me. I showed up at Heathrow at 10pm instead of 10 that morning. My driver was there, no problem, had a great chat with my driver on the way down.

Highly recommended.

I can also highly recommend "Smiths". We used them both ways (To St. Pancras, and from our London hotel) in April and June. The trip included stops to drop, and pick-up, excess luggage. They are friendly and helpful on the phone, and by email. Our driver was Ian...superb gent. We will definitely use them again on our next crossing!

Bob & Beatrice

I'd still go with Jeeves. They are used by Cunard and we've used them on our x-fers with wonderful service. The drivers are extremely professional and enjoyable to chat with.

You won't be sorry.

Here's the contact info that I have:

Jeeves of Hampshire

Archived