Looking for Information on the status of Grand Cayman? Try this Link

parrotheads

I just found a link to a local newspaper online in Grand Cayman. It is quite extensive and informational if you take the time to look through it. One of the things I found very interesting were the letters to the editors from locals discussing the conditions and situations regarding hurricane cleanup. Do you realize that they have between 8,000 -12,000 wrecked automobiles still needing to be disposed of? We were thinking of renting a jeep while this Dec. but now I'm concerned about the availability of cars. Anyway interesting reading.

http://www.caymannetnews.com/cayman.shtml

Another good site for information on Cayman

http://www.gov.ky/servlet/page?_pageid=411&_dad=portal30&_schema=PORTAL30&_mode=3&folder=108009

Note the Sept 27th bulletin which states

"Leader of Government Business, Minister for Tourism and Recovery Committee Member the Hon. McKeeva Bush said that, after a weekend meeting with local tourism industry representatives, he could report that Grand Cayman will once again welcome both cruise and hotel visitors in four to six weeks"

meaning the first cruise ships will be allowed early to mid November and that's probably optimistic

Thanks for the site. It is intersting to read about GC from their perspective. We were there 2 years ago and this time we were going to rent a car and drive to the East side. I am wondering if this will be possible, with the lack of cars available and the damage done on the East side. I have heard that many of the residents who lost their cars are using the rental cars.

Archived