Scuba Equipment on Cruise

efmarek

Our family is planning to scuba on a couple of our stops on our cruise and we would like to know if the cruise lines allow us to take our dive tools (stainless steel knives) in our checked luggage? My husband really wants to take his tool with him, but we also hate to have to get rid of it at the port if they won't allow it on board. :confused:

Leave the knives at home. You will NOT need them. If DH really has to have a cutting tool, get him a pair of shears.

If he is stubborn and takes his knife anyway, the security will let it on the ship when you first board, but they will most likely take it away from him when he comes back on board after the first dive trip. Security will keep the knife for him either until the end of the cruise or until he goes on the next dive trip.

Finally, I don't know where you are diving, but several dive destinations have rules against knives (and gloves for that matter). I know that you aren't supposed to have either when you dive in Cozumel or the Cayman islands.

I agree with bruce..... what is DH actually planning to use a dive knife for??

There's nothing in the Caribbean that needs a knife..... he shouldn't be touching anything underwater.

Archived