First Time Cruiser with a Few Questions

PyrHeaven

I have been reading these boards diligently ever since I booked my cruise a week ago, and many of my questions have been answered and much more! The boards are very helpful!! I just have a few questions I have not found answers to.

I have read that NCL does offer an "unlimited soda" option, but I haven't found a for sure answer on the cost. Just wondering what the cost might be. I am a big soda drinker, but I don't have to be if it's going to cost an arm and a leg! Are there other beverages on the ship that are free?

On the island, Great Stirrup Cay, I read they have kayaks. Does anyone know the cost? I would like to rent a kayak at some point on the cruise, but I don't know if I would like to do it as an all day shore excursion, or do it on the island for less money. I posted this in the "Private Island" thread as well, but the NCL thread seems to get more publicity, so I thought I'd post it here while I'm asking questions!

That's all for now. I'm sure I'll think of many more questions as it gets closer to sailing! Thanks for your help!

According to the NCL website - $6.25 per day x # of days in cruise plus 15% gratuity - Souvenir thermal mug included in the cost of program

I'm not sure how much individual cans of soda cost but probably around $1.50 so if you'd drink more than 5 cans a day it might be cost-effective for you. Also, I don't know how many ounces fit in the thermal mug since when I bought the soda card, the mug was extra. When we got a glass, using the card, it was only about 1/2 can so we had to keep going back for refills. The second time we cruised NCL, we bought our pop as we wanted it so we would have enough.

Also, don't foget you can bring pop aboard, either on boarding or at each port.

My boyfriend are big soda drinkers (beer too!) but I bought one of those cards for myself.......got a soda for me.......and then went and got one (( a soda)for him too..........they usually didn't say much so I thought it was worth it.......They have free ice tea also thats included on the ship.

They offer juice in the morning. You can also order it from room service free of charge. Please tip! They have iced tea and coffee as well. I believe there are other beverages but I don't think I had them, so I'm afraid to say.

Thanks for all your help everyone.

I think I have decided not to purchase the soda card, although that could change once I arrive. I think I'll carry on soda, and purchase any additional soda individually.

That's interesting about the kayaks. Not a big deal if they don't have them. They do have floats and things though right?

Another question- Has anyone done the Sea Lion Excursion in Nassau? I booked this excursion, but I was just wondering people's experiences with it.

Thanks alot!:D

Archived