Hotel in San Diego

SDJen

I am hoping someone can recommend a decent hotel in San Diego. We will arrive about midnight and get on the ship the next day so I am not picky about amenities since we wont have time to use them!

i am hoping to find someplace that is clean, safe and has free shuttles from the airport and to the cruise terminal.

Thanks!

We are staying 2 nights pre-cruise in February. We are using the Hampton Inn, which we used last year. It is very close to the Holiday Inn, so also near the pier. It offers a complimentary continental breakfast and free shuttle service to the pier and around town, like the zoo. We found it to be clean and not as costly as the Holiday Inn. Just ask for a room in the front of the building so you are away from the trains. We did this and had no problems with noise.

We have stayed at the HI on the Bay two years ago and loved it. The balconies are great, the rooms very nice, and the shuttle service was wonderful. Just tip the driver and you can go anywhere you need to go within reason. If you can qualify for Special rate plans, Sr., Fed Employee, Any State employee, AAA, etc. they have some good deals.

We are staying at Hi on the Bay, again in March 2009 when we go to Hawaii.

Archived