MIRACLE - What is process for taking own luggage off morning of disembarkation?

CruiseChat

We want to do this for our upcoming cruise on MIRACLE in a couple of weeks as we have an early flight out of Tampa. Has anyone done this? Is it problematic? Is it slower, faster, the same as the traditional method of placing it outside your door? Any info helpful. Thx.

CruiseChat
MIRACLE - 11/14/04

Truly depends on how much luggage you have. I have tried both ways and will never carry my own off again. Besides, I am in NO rush to get back home usually and want to enjoy as much time on the ship as possible. The only bad part about that is having to wait in certain areas until your color is called. The down side about carrying your own is again, the amount you have. Carrying off all the luggage and all the booze I bought got a little heavy. ;) It is faster than the traditional method though.

... this option is available for only a brief window. You will be one of the first off the ship. It is *not* as if you can lollygag around and expect to self-assist debark while the "colors" are being called.

Since you have an early flight, this option *might* be of use to you. It depends on how early "early" is.

This is REAL nice if you have someplace to go. We have never been past third off the ship, and in our car, speeding home when we are local.

If all we are going to do is sit in an airport, we take our sweet time.

Thanks everyone for the info. Generally, we don't like to rush either and most of the time we have a later flight where we can just leisurely depart the ship. Unfortunately, we need to get off at early as possible this time. We are trying to plan our packing accordingly so that we won't have more than we can manage - including the booze we will no doubt purchase and lug home for our friends. :cool:

CruiseChat
Miracle 11/14/04

Archived