Snoopy leogirl ---- Flu vaccine

jeanarch

Any chance of getting a flu shot while in your world.. will be there on Mon 11/29... Thanks for your reply

Just out of curiosity, why would you want to get a flu shot here? :confused:

The problem with this, is that you would have to go to a doctor, where you need an appointment, they will write out a prescription for you, you then need to go to a pharmacy, buy the shot, then take it back to the doctor and then he will give you the shot. Its a longgg hassle and really not worth your vacation time. is there any particular reason why you need the flu vaccine?

Maybe I can help you better if you tell me what you need it for? But you don't need a flu shot to be here. Our air is clean and we have no air-borne diseases or the like.

Evidently you don't have the news from the US about the shortage of vaccine in this country. My husband & I are in the high risk group but there is no vaccine in our part of the country. People are going to Canada & Mexico to get the vaccine because they seem to have enough for their people and visitors also. It would be great if there was an abundance of vaccine offshore and some enterprising clinic set up a system to take care of visitors to their shores. It's not that we want to take vacation time to do this but if it is available then we may not be able to obtain it at home. Any information would help. Here, the Doctors keep the vaccine and administer it at their offices or at hospitals or health clinics. Jean

Okay I think I understand what you mean now. I think the only thing that you can do (if you want to) is to visit a local doctor here, and ask for him/her to write you a prescription and pick it up from a pharmacy and maybe if you can keep the vaccine refridgerated, you can take it home and use it. I don't think that will be easy for you to do though. Sorry I wasn't much help but I don't think we have many options open here since we're such a small place with a very small population. Sorry for sounding so aloof :o but now that you mentioned it, I know exactly what you are talking about with the shortage of vaccines in the USA.

Evidently you don't have the news from the US about the shortage of vaccine in this country. My husband & I are in the high risk group but there is no vaccine in our part of the country. People are going to Canada & Mexico to get the vaccine because they seem to have enough for their people and visitors also. It would be great if there was an abundance of vaccine offshore and some enterprising clinic set up a system to take care of visitors to their shores. It's not that we want to take vacation time to do this but if it is available then we may not be able to obtain it at home. Any information would help. Here, the Doctors keep the vaccine and administer it at their offices or at hospitals or health clinics. Jean
Contact the Philipsburg Pharmacy. They have phone numbers and an e-mail address posted on their website.

jeanarch - you might want to have your dr. here in the states give you a prescription for the nasal spray or taniflu (I think that is the name of it). THey say if you get the symptoms of the flu, you should start taking this immediately and will drastically shorten the course of the flu.

Just a thought.....ask your doctor

We, too are traveling during flu season....my husband was able to get his shot through the VA because he is at such high risk.....guess I'll just have to take my chances;)

Thanks Getaway...There is just no vaccine here in our part of Louisiana...I have just had heart surgery (Bill Clinton & I now have something in common) and I am of the age to be high risk..so is my DH.. We cannot take the live virus so I guess we will just wash our hands a lot. We are on all of the lists here but nobody is getting any..not even the nursing homes. So it doesn't hurt to ask.

Makes me wonder why the ships don't offer this as a service ... medical staff on board, another profit center ... they have spas, do manicures, massages, Celebrity even does acupuncture. Wonder if anyone has thought of this?

The whole flu shot shortage is pretty worrrying, isn't it?

With respect to getting vaccine in SXM, I doubt the pharmacy would recognize a script from a US doc. You'd need to go and see someone there.

C.

There's a dr's clinic about 2 doors away from the Philipsburg pharmacy, which is not far away from Front St.. Forget the name, but I've been there and they were very very good. If it helps to put your mind at rest, I have had very good experiences with medical care on SXM. Good luck with this!

C.

Archived