Baths from St Thomas????

jessie073

Does anyone know if visiting "the Baths" is even an option from St. Thomas. We are torn between 2 cruises, one that visits Tortola and one that doesn't and really wanted to visit the baths, wasn't sure if this was even an option from here....

I agree with Betsy's Mom. If you have your heart set on seeing The Baths, then take the cruise that stops in Tortola.

You can do The Baths from St. Thomas, but it's best reserved for a land-based vacation when you're not under time constraints.

The ferry ride from St. Thomas to Virgin Gorda is about 2 hours one way. You'll also need to clear immigration, so it will take even longer.

I agree with the others, if you want to see the Baths go to Tortola. (I actually like Tortola better than St Thomas, it is much more laid back) My wife did the Baths excursion from Tortola last year and loved it. As somene mentioned earlier you can get there from St Thomas but it is quite a ferry ride and expensive $$$$$$ last time we looked into it I think the day trip to the Baths was going to run close to $200 a person from St Thomas.

Go to Tortola, fewer cruise ships visit Tortola, you can always find a ship that goes to St Thomas!

Thanks for all the information. Unfortunately we booked the cruise that did not go to Tortola and were hoping to still be able to get there some way. Since it doens't sound like that's really reasonable, I think we might need to wait and visit the Baths on a future cruise that docks in Tortola. :(

Archived