Eli Tours Deposit?

gettingmarried

We are in contact with Eli Tours to book a tour for February 2009. In his reply he is asking for a credit card deposit. Anyone ever done this before for his tour and did you have any problems. I hate giving credit cards numbers online especially in another part of the world

Thanks

If this is the tour I'm thinking of, isn't the deposit $20 with the remainder due when you board the boat? We are looking at doing this same tour with Eli in November 09 and he comes very high recommended. Guess that doesn't mean he can't scam you, but from what I'm hearing he's reputable and you shouldn't have any problems. Hopefully someone who has already taken this tour will reply so you'll have a better answer than mine. Good luck!

we gave the company our CC info for a $25 PP deposit..no problems...will pay off the balance when we take the tour...got a very nice email back confirming the amount charged...

this tour group seems really reliable and comes highly recommended...

we are looking forward to it!! :)

Marsha

we gave the company our CC info for a $25 PP deposit..no problems...will pay off the balance when we take the tour...got a very nice email back confirming the amount charged...

this tour group seems really reliable and comes highly recommended...

we are looking forward to it!! :)

Marsha

They're the best :D Have a great time!

Eli is legit and I wouldn't hesitate (and didn't).

Perhaps another option or three... I only have experience with the first one in other transactions:

At least one of my credit cards allows me to create a temporary credit card number with a max $ amount and expiration date.

Ask Eli for a phone number for you to call to provide the information, but if that is a tour broker, you may lose a discount?

Purchase a Visa gift card from a local credit union or probably WalMart and use it?

Book far enough in advance to send them an International Postal Money Order (or whatever it is called).

Interestingly, all of the credit card fraud I have experienced has been with merchants in my country, the good ole USA. Shocker, huh?

Some pics from the Eco tour

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/antigua_adventures.htm

And Eli's blog:

http://antiguaisland.blogspot.com/

I think most of the established tour companies do request some form of security. We are booked with Serenity Tours for St. Lucia and Antigua, they did not ask for a deposit but I needed to give my CC to secure my small group tour. So this perhaps is pretty standard.

Thanks for posting your pictures! We just booked this tour for November, how did we do things before cruise critic?:D

Yes, thank you so much for the pics. Looks like you had a beautiful day and the scenery...WOW! I can't wait to go on this adventure. Did you book through the cruise or on your own?

Archived