Eurodam 3 Day Cruise: Bitter Disappointment

Mt Hope Bay

I should have grabbed my camera when I was rushing out the door. :confused:

She had not anticipated an accident, as none of us would. Out of the shoes that she brought, these are the only ones that would fit over the dressing. Because she is a trooper, she insisted that we go out to dinner and she wasn't going to let it slow us down. I give her all the credit in the world for that, and I was the one helping her try on all the shoes that she brought to see what would be comfortable.

To marginalize the injury because of the design of the shoes is... unreasonable.

I have maintained that we are going to write a letter, and see what happens. I would hope that HAL recognizes our situation as a result of our correspondance and offers an apology but nowhere have I stated that we expect anything. Reading through everyone's posts one might give you that feeling but I haven't stated this anywhere. Nor do I expect HAL to read my posts. In fact, I'm weary that they may have and due to some posts suggesting a legal opportunity, frightens me because that is not my intention. I could have not posted at all, the letter to HAL would have gone out just the same. Feedback was, and still is, the goal.

It sounds like you had the trip from hell. Good luck with your letter to HAL. I hope you get something in return. "Accidents waiting to happen" need to be sorted out, so hopefully your letter will at least alert them to the danger and get it fixed. Your wife's shoes are great, and it must have been very uncomfortable to wear them over 5 stiches... Did you at least enjoy the birthday dinner? :D :D :D

Archived