CAbo - Favorite Restaurants

lovevacadays

Marina- Solomons Landing. Right in front of the Tesoro Resort next to the lighthouse. Excellent food at great prices especially the seafood items. The waitstaff is amazing and the location on the marina makes it a great people watching spot. We probably go there at least every other day on a 10 day trip even it it is just stopping for a drink. Shrimp Benedict for breakfast or the fresh dorado for lunch or dinner are some of our favorites.

Medano Beach- The Grill at Cascadas Resort. This is somewhat hidden by the palapas of the resort but Cascadas is located right next door to the huge Pueblo Bonito Rose resort. Tables in the sand, great breakfasts, lunch and dinner. Try the almond, coconut shrimp! Big enought to share and delicious!

No there are no vendors there because the resorts all have ropes and the vendors are not allowed past them. Wow that is a hard decision! They are both excellent. I would just go with the one you are closest to when you get hungry. Are you planning on spending most of the day on the beach?

We are 4 ladies traveling and have a couple of shopping lovers a beach lover and a younger (my niece) who likes anything as long as there is an opportunity to have a drink. We are planning on doing a lands end tour on our own and then just kicking around. I'm assuming Solomon's has a marina view and The Grill a view of Land's end? I have been to Cabo (cruising) several times but actually never been to Medano Beach. I've either done some of the tours or hung out in town. How is Medano Beach? Is there some fun (but not too, crazy) places to hit after eating?

Something you might enjoy on Medano Beach. At a beach bar/restaurant called the "Sand Bar" they have a deal called "Get Hammered While You Get Nailed". It is a pedicure and a foot reflexology/massage and comes with either a mini bucket of beers (2) or a mini pitcher of margaritas. Not sure of the current pricing. Might be fun for 4 ladies.

I have been to Cabo twice - La Dolce is the BEST restaurant. Authentic Italian (and yes my husband and I are both Italian and almost never eat Italian out). It is right in town - reservations recommended.

Also for authentic Mexican with a great atmosphere - go to Mi Casa - you will love it.

While I have never eaten at La Dolce, I have walked or driven past it many times. It does have a reputation for having good food.

Here's another Italian joint with a very large and faithful following. It's called Salvatore's and it is right next to, or part of the Siesta Suites Hotel. Pretty much from La Dolce, you would walk down past Pancho's and then hang a right. It's either 1 block past Pancho's or 2 blocks.

You can see this hotel from the cruise ship - it is up the hill over looking the ocean.

You can either walk there or the taxi cab (about 1/2 mile - if that far) - but it is up a steep hill – hence the suggestion of taking a cab there.

The Whale Watcher Bar offers a spectacular view and is a great area for an informal reception with drinks and hors d’oeuvres. During the right time of year you May even get the chance to see the majestic whales on their annual pilgrimage.

My personal favorite is Shark Tacos, homemade guacamole and a couple of Pacifco Beers, while sitting in shade, enjoying the cool breeze and great view.

Tom

While I have never eaten at La Dolce, I have walked or driven past it many times. It does have a reputation for having good food.

Here's another Italian joint with a very large and faithful following. It's called Salvatore's and it is right next to, or part of the Siesta Suites Hotel. Pretty much from La Dolce, you would walk down past Pancho's and then hang a right. It's either 1 block past Pancho's or 2 blocks.

Salvatores is excellent but it is only open for dinner. At least that was the case when we were there in May when we stayed at Siesta Suites for 3 nights. So it won't work for cruisers but it is a must do if you are staying in Cabo.

Archived